Sponsored

Adding cupholders to R1T?

feedairy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Tacoma, R1T preorder
Has anybody had any success adding cupholders to the R1T? I saw a 3D print that fit in the area beneath the camp speaker, but I can't find the Etsy seller anymore. Seems like the ideal place
Sponsored

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I've been working on a solution on and off. I'm thinking of mounting something to the rear doors near the upper speaker grill. There's a void there between the B pillar and the front seat that seems like a good spot. Next step is to figure out how to mount it and wether to mount it to the B pillar or the door. I'll post up once I figure it out. No telling how long though. Anyone else have a solution that works?

Deleted member 7086

The organizer I bought at Walmart (cheap) fits that space very well and has two cup holders.

Sponsored

OGLindy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, VW Tiguan
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of this design. I'd love to use that cavernous space next to it, frankly.
maybe go to Walmart orAdvance Auto Parts / AutoZone. A sandbag weighted cup holder (old school) would work on the floor area :)

OGLindy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, VW Tiguan
OP
OP

feedairy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

spfent

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport,
Occupation
General Contractor
Riviparts already has a 3-D printed option he/she/they are selling:

https://riviparts.com/
What about the OER one that pops out below the charge pad above the camp speaker
Has anybody had any success adding cupholders to the R1T? I saw a 3D print that fit in the area beneath the camp speaker, but I can't find the Etsy seller anymore. Seems like the ideal place
There is a pop out cup hold below the charge pad and above the speaker. Do you need another one?

Sponsored

OP
OP

feedairy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What about the OER one that pops out below the charge pad above the camp speaker

There is a pop out cup hold below the charge pad and above the speaker. Do you need another one?
Yeah, I'd like to add a couple more. Feels like there's always a water bottle in one slot, plus a coffee cup my wife's abandoned or her sunglasses or God knows what else.

Cabin storage (and the phone charger) are my only real complaints about the truck.

We've got all the space in front of the camp speaker. I'd love to be able to use it.

spfent

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport,
Occupation
General Contractor
Yeah, I'd like to add a couple more. Feels like there's always a water bottle in one slot, plus a coffee cup my wife's abandoned or her sunglasses or God knows what else.

Cabin storage (and the phone charger) are my only real complaints about the truck.

We've got all the space in front of the camp speaker. I'd love to be able to use it.
I agree. I just got my truck yesterday. I noticed the charging pad doesn't work very well for me either. Looking forward to the day that aftermarket upgrades become available. A winch would be nice too.

OGLindy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, VW Tiguan

The OP was looking for additional cup holders.

More on this topic - I use the OEM ones but just flipped the back seat arm rest to hold our water bottles / etc. Easy to reach back and grab.

OGLindy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, VW Tiguan
I noticed the charging pad doesn't work very well for me either.
The Charging pad is useless - I have to hold the phone - trying to find a place I can use their 3-D printer as someone designed a "jig" to help hold the phone in place. Every corner or simple "regen" braking causes the phone to move.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

Folks have linked a 3D printed solution that someone sells on Etsy which I think does what you want. I can't seem to find the link to it though. I don't believe they publish the STL file to it like I do with all of my designs, but you might be able to reach out to them and get it.

FWIW - there isn't a ton of easily space immediately in front of the camp speaker and directly below extended cup holder. What is available is either quite short (basically just as tall os the speaker) or further out. When reaching to it, you'll want to basically go right through the cup holder itself to avoid some really weird bending. Anything that is stored on the floor there should be tall like a hydroflask.

I dorked around with making something for that space for a few weeks and I could never get it right enough. That's why I opted for the foldable cup holder. I have two installed - one for me on my lower door, as far back as I can put it, and another for my wife on the center console as far back as she can put it. For me, that's about as right as it gets, considering the mediocre egros.
Sponsored