First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
tried opening my spare tire compartment and the Lomax rails stop that process. it does look like it opens enough to get the tire out of the well though. I'll know more for sure in about another 2500 miles when it's time to do a 5-tire rotation.
Wow, hopefully, I will not have to remove my full size spare. In 3 million miles of driving, I have never done a 5 tire rotation. On my 35 years of company driving, I have let Les Schwab rotate 4 of them every 5,000 miles for free. I am not about to start a new tradition. I am glad to be going back to a Lomax tonneau cover. My previous one worked perfectly...
Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I too have only done 4-tire rotations however, I figure for this first set, Iā€™ll do 5 tires and get a little use out of that ā€˜spareā€™ I bought

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
I too have only done 4-tire rotations however, I figure for this first set, Iā€™ll do 5 tires and get a little use out of that ā€˜spareā€™ I bought
Ah, well it sounds as if you are going to get a little exercise if the hatch covering the spare won't open completely. I can say in one of my Honda Ridgelines, I drove it 334,000 miles and never removed the spare. (It is in the same place as our Rit's is). Let us know how that works out. I think these 20" wheels and tires are a little heavier than my Ridgelines

ThisIsMyHandle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LS FE 22 Dark, Kia EV6 AWD GT-Line
I don't recall seeing it asked yet, but is there a bag that can be used for storage? I'm hoping to not have my gear tunnel entrances look like an animal was clawing at it....

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
I don't recall seeing it asked yet, but is there a bag that can be used for storage? I'm hoping to not have my gear tunnel entrances look like an animal was clawing at it....
No bag. And wonā€™t fit in the gear tunnel anyway.

Sponsored

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
That's odd, there are some photos of people that fit them into the gear tunnel no problems.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-tonneau-track-by-agricover.16033/post-368449
Well ... there you go. I only did a cursory test and it seemed like too much of a PITA to wedge it in there, so didn't go as far as "making it fit". That post said it "fits easily", but the weight (makes it a little awkward) and width (would have to go in at an angle) meant it wasn't worth trying.

Let me add that I've been very happy with this cover. It doesn't fit/look OEM, with the texture and way it sits over the tailgate ... but the ease of flipping it back to access the front 1/3 to 2/3 of the bed is favorable to having to remove panels. This is especially true with I have my Kuat NV hitch mount bike carrier, which prohibits the bed from opening almost at all in the stowed (folded up) position. I can still pop the tailgate enough to release the cover and flip it back, but no way I could slide a panel out if using the OEM cover. It's also plenty sturdy to support my weight (200 lbs), so I can stand on it for photography or when loading the rooftop box, etc.

ThisIsMyHandle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LS FE 22 Dark, Kia EV6 AWD GT-Line
@Rob O - My Rivian was barely a month old and about 2000 miles on it and then someone hit the side (basically a fender bender)...

Long story short my Tonneau and rails from Rivian are still in a box and it may be another week before I get to play with it.

Buddy just got his Rivian manual cover and I am very confident I made the better choice, but I do want it on my R1T!

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I stopped my whining and made the parts I was missing. The cover is on, I like the fit, finish, and low profile. While I would have liked to have the Rivian product, I have no idea when I would have received one, and this is $1000 cheaper.

c5.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg
Could you please comment on the durability of the matte finish thus far? A few folks on the ford forum said it scratches easier and is harder to clean than the urethane finish, but I much prefer the look of the matte. Cancelled my pre price increase manual tonneau yesterday and am going the lomax route.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Ordered the LoMax cover last Saturday and it came today with ALL parts. Very easy install, took about 15-20 minutes. Initial quality is very good. Overall very pleased with the quality and value of the cover.

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3002.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

IMG_3004.jpeg

image.jpg
Stalking everyone on this thread. How is the matte finish holding up?

Sponsored

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
So far I'm very pleased with the durability. To date zero fading or marks of any kind - which is my expectation as I have only had it about 2.5 months. I still believe that this is a good quality product and very good value for money.

I had a small leak when I first installed it. I simply adjusted two clamps and have had no water inn the box since.

Hope this helps.

Jlschoen

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and others less cool
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Stalking everyone on this thread. How is the matte finish holding up?
Mine is holding up really well too. No fading, scratching, or cracking. Looks like new. Still really happy with the cover. Pretty weather tight fit as well.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
So far I'm very pleased with the durability. To date zero fading or marks of any kind - which is my expectation as I have only had it about 2.5 months. I still believe that this is a good quality product and very good value for money.

I had a small leak when I first installed it. I simply adjusted two clamps and have had no water inn the box since.

Hope this helps.
Great news. I had the $800 pricing on the manual tonneau, but given the very questionable construction I think this is the better route. Does the manual look better? Probably. Is it as durable and convenient? Absolutely not. While my truck is in the garage I'll be able to crack open the tailgate, open this and flip it back and throw golf clubs in. With the manual it would have been pull the truck halfway out my garage, open the tailgate completely, and take them out piece by piece then find somewhere to put them. I think the convenience on these covers are underestimated vs. the manual by many in real world use...

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Same opinion as @Jlschoen and @Rainman in the 2.5 months I've had my cover - no scratches and has been holding up well. As the truck was outside during the first rain storm (>1" of rain in 24 hours) there were only a few drops that got into the bed.

jbowen52

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Durango and Porsche Panamera
Occupation
Aerospace Support Engineer
Agreed. Not that I need a tonneau cover but I am confused on how it folds up if it uses the OEM tracks. Definitely would want to see photos of the mechanism on a Rivian.
It adds a track in the tonneau slot to mount this cover.
Sponsored