Sponsored

22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
The carbon fiber version I have sits just below 1/2” above the bed. Pic attached.

Regarding your lack of interest in it flipping, I would suggest that that’s the primary design component for the Lomax. So if you might be looking for a different product (such as the Rivian manual version)

IMG_8047.jpeg

[/QUOTE
Folks, the Lomax does fit on the R1T factory rails. There is even an Agricover video of them attaching the bolts to those rails.
Which leads me to my next question. Is it possible to order the R1T without the rails installed? Say you tell Rivian you do not want a tonneau cover at all; no manual cover or power cover (eventually happening?). Can you get a truck bed without the rails THEN go to Lomax and have them install the entire system themselves. That way you are not putting "rails into rails" and having it raised at all above the edge of the truck.
Sponsored

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Ah, the present Lomax covers for our R1Ts are made to attach to the slot where the factory tonneau attaches from Rivian. You would need to talk to Rivian about not supplying those slots for their manual and power cover.

Then you would need to talk with Agricover about manufacturing a rigid tonneau that does not attach to the R1T as the present ones do. All the ones they now manufacture for the R1T are made to fit into the present truck's factory slot for the factory cover.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
Ah, the present Lomax covers for our R1Ts are made to attach to the slot where the factory tonneau attaches from Rivian. You would need to talk to Rivian about not supplying those slots for their manual and power cover.

Then you would need to talk with Agricover about manufacturing a rigid tonneau that does not attach to the R1T as the present ones do. All the ones they now manufacture for the R1T are made to fit into the present truck's factory slot for the factory cover.
along with needing to make the cover narrower to fit into the rails, and break it into multiple pieces so it’s manageable.

unclear to me why someone would expect Lomax to change their design to replicate what Rivian, Interobang and TailLidz already makes.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

along with needing to make the cover narrower to fit into the rails, and break it into multiple pieces so it’s manageable.

unclear to me why someone would expect Lomax to change their design to replicate what Rivian, Interobang and TailLidz already makes.
I just think it was an uninformed request. But that’s why forums exist: so we can share our experience and knowledge to help each other out.

As you mentioned, Interrobang, Tail Lidz, and the Rivian manual cover all provide flush, slide-in functionality.

I don’t own a Lomax cover, but I think it’s great that there is a tri-fold option for customers that prefer that functionality.

Last edited:

ironoman

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer

I am not suggesting them to change their design. In my opinion, that is how they should have designed it initially.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
@240vPlug If you are interested in purchasing a Lomax, I highly recommend contacting Luke at Truck Alterations 828-926-4416.
2nd this. Luke got me the cover at an excellent price. Very happy with the cover and I see it lasting a very long time. For my purpose, this beats out the manual and power cover (Power only due to reliability).

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
2nd this. Luke got me the cover at an excellent price. Very happy with the cover and I see it lasting a very long time. For my purpose, this beats out the manual and power cover (Power only due to reliability).
Wow, Hope you got a better deal than buying from the people that actually manufacture that cover in ND. Happy, that you purchased one that is manufactured in the USA.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Which leads me to my next question. Is it possible to order the R1T without the rails installed? Say you tell Rivian you do not want a tonneau cover at all; no manual cover or power cover (eventually happening?). Can you get a truck bed without the rails THEN go to Lomax and have them install the entire system themselves. That way you are not putting "rails into rails" and having it raised at all above the edge of the truck.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
I do not believe Rivian has made a truck bed without the integrated rails at this point.

And to your actual question - no. The Lomax cannot be fittted without the OE rails. It was designed to use those to attach to the bed. It is impossible to say how they would be able to attach it if no rails were present in the Rivian

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
I do not believe Rivian has made a truck bed without the integrated rails at this point.

And to your actual question - no. The Lomax cannot be fittted without the OE rails. It was designed to use those to attach to the bed. It is impossible to say how they would be able to attach it if no rails were present in the Rivian

Sponsored

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Thank you Quick!
Yeah, I just called Lomax and they said they make tonneau covers for the R1T. That they do need the Rivian rails already installed for the cover to work. Four different finishes, 10 point locking system, each panel flips back and stays connected to each other so I don't have to worry about taking out panels and storage. Much like the Armour Flex I have on my Jeep Gladiator.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
How do you like the Tail Lids cover? Would you recommend it?
it's been great so far. It's very durable and folds on itself in three sections. Since installing it, I haven't found a need to remove it. it is also like 98% waterproof - I drove it about 250 miles in a torrential downpour last fall, and then left it sitting outside in said rainstorm all night and there were only a couple of drops in the bed.

If you have a spare tire, you can also still get said tire out of the storage well. The trick is to use a small wrench and remove the bolt Rivian uses to secure the tire in that space first.
Sponsored