Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade and Bmw 550
Occupation
Healthcare executive
Clubs

Haha, “very rare issue”. Or maybe there’s a different issue with the batteries
happened to me! Dead as a door nail with 80% charge on the main batteries. Without warning. Told it was a malware issue that caused the sensors to believe the truck was always on. Boom dead 12v’s. They stated they corrected it but glad there is an update too.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I thought enhanced 2nd & 3rd row air controls were in this update based on a beta notification. Did that not make the release?
I think Rivian has separated out the notes for R1T and R1S, so if it's an R1T you won't see the info about the third row.

AndrewB55

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3s, 2005 Saab 9-3 Convertible
Occupation
Chief Industry Evangelist at TuneIn
Hi Andrew, welcome aboard! I have a question. I have tried using Tunein to listen to news stations such as CNBC, but the mix of recorded content (played over and over again all day) and lack of real-time coverage has left me looking for another source. Will upgrading to the Premium service provide uninterrupted real time streaming of news stations?

Thanks in advance,

hop
Nice to meet you Hop! Couple of questions so I can get you the right answer here. Are you currently a premium subscriber? Are you listening to the live CNBC station or are you hitting something else? Just to confirm, this is the live station listing.

The only time you should ever hear anything that is pre-recorded on CNBC would be on the weekends when the markets are closed. CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg, Fox News Radio, etc are always live stations. Within the premium experience, we simply replace the commercial breaks in real time with curated content from the station. Let me know so I can help get to the bottom of this for you. Thanks!

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I wonder what happens if the frunk closes on you? That thing seems like it could break your arm.
I envision something like Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors eating you...

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
I got the 10.1 update notice and installed it yesterday 3/26. Haven’t done much with it since, but I did notice that from 10pm 3/26 to 9am 3/27 (11 hours), it claimed to only lose 1 mile of range. Had been 1% to 2% per day prior to that. One thing mentioned in the notes was change to phone as a key behavior to better enable sleep when the phone is continuously around the truck. I noticed that now when I walk up, the tail lights don’t blink.

Sponsored

sshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE GW/OC
Guessing I'll still have to wait the typical week + after the update comes out before I get it. There are some benefits to that too I guess.
How do we get this update to push, if you know? Nothing in my app or vehicle yet. Can you “request” the OTA update or does it just take a while to percolate randomly through teh interwebs?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
How do we get this update to push, if you know? Nothing in my app or vehicle yet. Can you “request” the OTA update or does it just take a while to percolate randomly through teh interwebs?
No. You have to wait for Rivian to do it.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Nice to meet you Hop! Couple of questions so I can get you the right answer here. Are you currently a premium subscriber? Are you listening to the live CNBC station or are you hitting something else? Just to confirm, this is the live station listing.

The only time you should ever hear anything that is pre-recorded on CNBC would be on the weekends when the markets are closed. CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg, Fox News Radio, etc are always live stations. Within the premium experience, we simply replace the commercial breaks in real time with curated content from the station. Let me know so I can help get to the bottom of this for you. Thanks!
Thanks for the quick reply. I am listening to the live CNBC station and do get live material along with recorded material. The link you provided in your reply does not work for me.

I am not referring to weekends. I just activated my premium subscription and checked again. I have CNBC on in the house with a live feed and not in commercial (3:30 PM EDT), and recorded content in my R1T. In the R1T, the live interview CNBC is doing with Jeffery Gundlach has been replaced with recorded content from this morning.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Agreed, not to be rude either.
Dash cam is valuable the same way gear guard is, which is to say it's not right up until when it is.
For examples watch wham-bam Tesla-cam on youtube.
*not responsible for lost productivity after 4 hours of wham-bam Tesla-cam!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I wonder what happens if the frunk closes on you? That thing seems like it could break your arm.
It has pressure sensors, if it detects interference it will reverse.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sure would be nice if they first pushed the update to all the "very rare" previously-bricked vehicles like mine..
why? it sounds like your vehicle has the same chance as any other vehicle of encountering this bug. You just won the Rivian lotto.

JordanClarkson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

why? it sounds like your vehicle has the same chance as any other vehicle of encountering this bug. You just won the Rivian lotto.
Because I would very much like my truck to not brick again. The truck no longer has the same chance of winning the bricked lotto - it has a much greater chance...

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Because I would very much like my truck to not brick again. The truck no longer has the same chance of winning the bricked lotto - it has a much greater chance...
Nah, you've got fresh batteries, I'd say you have a much lesser chance.
Sponsored