First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Maybe I can just pick it up from the factory , I will even drive it off the production line myself! That 1700 is the difference between ugly white and terrific green paint or halfway to amazing Blue :)
Sponsored

mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

Maybe I can just pick it up from the factory , I will even drive it off the production line myself! That 1700 is the difference between ugly white and terrific green paint or halfway to amazing Blue :)
From Rivian today
While Home Delivery will be the primary method of delivery as we aim to prioritize our customer's time and provide an awesome tailor-made RIvian experience at your home. However, we will share more on other offerings like Factory pick up soon. If the opportunity is presented, there will be charge destination fees, even if selecting a factory to pick up.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I budgeted 100K for the R1S out the door so even with this expected delivery charge, tax and registration, looks like I am still able to put some nickels back in my pocket.

Tax credits would just be a windfall, not something I put in the budget as who know where that will end up being if anything at all.

Still seems like very good bargain for what is being delivered. Very promising to see all of these reviews, especially with people admitting they went in with very high expectations and they were still exceeded....

We will all know sOOn

Definition of soon: without undue time lapse : BEFORE LONG (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

Definition of sOOn: some undetermined period of time beyond now (Gleaned from Rivian Website)
KInda crazy how much we are paying. I think its a very capable vehicle, don't get me wrong, and might be worth the money in comparison to other similar priced vehicles but still just a lot of money. Never thought I'd spend this much on a truck. You can buy a condo, townhouse, or even house in many places in the US for that amount.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

KInda crazy how much we are paying. I think its a very capable vehicle, don't get me wrong, and might be worth the money in comparison to other similar priced vehicles but still just a lot of money. Never thought I'd spend this much on a truck. You can buy a condo, townhouse, or even house in many places in the US for that amount.
Just compare it to the other trucks on the market that can do 0-60 in 3 seconds...

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Just compare it to the other trucks on the market that can do 0-60 in 3 seconds...
Yeah, I said that already. "might be worth the money in comparison to other similar priced vehicles".

Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Road and Track has it at $1,145

Hope Rivian publishes the actual number on the website ASAP
Isn’t the $1075 price the one we can see in the price estimate in the configurator. I’m just going to assume that’s what it will be

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

When you build an f150 today with a frikin v6 but include a roll up bed cover, The better sound system which I don't care for the new B&O system, locking rear diff, better interior with the touch screen, and yakima tent "yes ford offers that as well now" its the same price as my R1T. Only 430hp no gear tunnel or kitchen.
Rivian R1T R1S $1,075 delivery charge 1633459136619

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think I am comparing to the value based on the Tesla Model S I purchased back in 2016. With the options I added the price was 73,200 with destination charge of 1200. That was for a rear wheel drive model S with a 75KW battery, leather interior and auto pilot features.

If you look at inflation calculators, $73,200 in 2016 has the same purchasing power as $83,435.50 today. Over the 5 years this is a change of $10,235.50.

My LE R1S as configured with the destination charge is 81,475. I love the Model S and will be keeping it when we get the R1S but there is no comparison in the features and capabilities between the 2 vehicles. There are a lot of features I could pull out of the R1S and it is still a better value then the Model S.

Don't get me wrong, 81.5K is a lot of money but based on my purchase from 5 years ago, I have no doubt that I will be happy with this purchase at that price.

Living in OC, CA probably helps justify it as well. A 1 bedroom 1 bath condo around here sets you back 240K.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I think I am comparing to the value based on the Tesla Model S I purchased back in 2016. With the options I added the price was 73,200 with destination charge of 1200. That was for a rear wheel drive model S with a 75KW battery, leather interior and auto pilot features.

If you look at inflation calculators, $73,200 in 2016 has the same purchasing power as $83,435.50 today. Over the 5 years this is a change of $10,235.50.

My LE R1S as configured with the destination charge is 81,475. I love the Model S and will be keeping it when we get the R1S but there is no comparison in the features and capabilities between the 2 vehicles. There are a lot of features I could pull out of the R1S and it is still a better value then the Model S.

Don't get me wrong, 81.5K is a lot of money but based on my purchase from 5 years ago, I have no doubt that I will be happy with this purchase at that price.

Living in OC, CA probably helps justify it as well. A 1 bedroom 1 bath condo around here sets you back 240K.
Ouch, that crazy CA real estate market. My sister who lived in Georgia a few years back was looking at 2b2b condos for ~$50k.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner

1 bedroom for 240k? In Pasadena they cost 400k.

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
For reference, we just got an VW ID.4 for my college students to run around in, 1195 was the destination charge.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
1 bedroom for 240k? In Pasadena they cost 400k.
Well if you wanted to spend a little more money, we can tighten the search to only Newport Beach listings.... :cool:

But it does have a 2 car garage so if you can't decide between the R1T and R1S you have room for both...

Rivian R1T R1S $1,075 delivery charge 1633460933559

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Didn't the IPO paperwork say delivery is $1700?
IPO paperwork states a lot of the difficulties they are going to face in selling vehicles in states they aren't allowed to get dealer licenses in. I'm sort of expecting that's why they have specific delivery areas already figured out first, because they were able to get licenses without any sort of restrictions in them.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Well if you wanted to spend a little more money, we can tighten the search to only Newport Beach listings.... :cool:

But it does have a 2 car garage so if you can't decide between the R1T and R1S you have room for both...

1633460933559.png
You folks in CA sure do things differently. I can't even picture a place with 3.5 baths but only 1 bedroom.

Kenshaka

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Titan/2005 Honda Accord/2017 Zero DSR
Occupation
Radiology Technologist
You folks in CA sure do things differently. I can't even picture a place with 3.5 baths but only 1 bedroom.
I’ve lived in Cali all my life…and never seen some crazy sh*t like that. Gotta be a misprint ?
Sponsored