Sponsored

“Refresh” prediction

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I agree with this. I foolishly just traded my 2023 R1S quad for a 2024 R1S Quad. Leasing is the way to go for sure.
Agreed, I would've waited the 8+ months of ownership to lease with pre-price hike pricing. Never thought they would lease so I jumped on it after waiting so long. I would lease the 23 R1S Quad and charged it to 95% everyday and hand it back in 3 years for a new one which will be much better. I know tech gets better each year but these first generation R1's will feel old real quick (like the cameras!).
Sponsored

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
This->
Agreed, I would've waited the 8+ months of ownership to lease with pre-price hike pricing. Never thought they would lease so I jumped on it after waiting so long. I would lease the 23 R1S Quad and charged it to 95% everyday and hand it back in 3 years for a new one which will be much better. I know tech gets better each year but these first generation R1's will feel old real quick (like the cameras!).
This was the correct move, for sure! The 23 Quad lease deals are/were a gift.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
I'm prediction that this shutdown is all for efficiency and cost improvements behind the scenes. Some engineering changes, but minor, like new door panels. They may introduce trimotor and push the Bosch units out.

I don't think this is the Peregrine refresh that's being talked about. There will be more to that upgrade with major feature changes imo.

Hayseed_MS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
I'm prediction that this shutdown is all for efficiency and cost improvements behind the scenes. Some engineering changes, but minor, like new door panels. They may introduce trimotor and push the Bosch units out.

I don't think this is the Peregrine refresh that's being talked about. There will be more to that upgrade with major feature changes imo.
In a speech (I do not have the reference, sorry) RJ called this the Peregrine.

Also, for other reasons, I do believe this is the Peregrine refresh.

Sponsored

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
In a speech (I do not have the reference, sorry) RJ called this the Peregrine.

Also, for other reasons, I do believe this is the Peregrine refresh.
Yes it was stated this is Peregrine and that is a cost reduction effort. Expect no new features.

fbkr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is the R1S/R1T configurator still down?

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Since they issued vouchers and sweetened lease terms to nudge pre-hike hold outs… I think the refresh will be more than bottomline improvements.

It was 9 months ago when they announced removal of driver facing camera, and moving towards a new ADAS scheme. Mistakes continue to be made with regards to premature release of information, but we do know they are more tight lipped about future plans. So, in 9 months, they've had plenty of time to develop and test. And such activities likely started long before that 9 month mark; enough for them to know for sure the driver facing camera is not the way forward. Further, I've heard additional snippets from sources that are closer than the average owner regarding "peregrine". It's more than cutting cost. There are new features under that code name. To protect my sources, I can't say more.

I would not be surprised if price increases. Vouchers were issued because they cannot and will not continue to honor pre-hike prices. Incremental price increases associated with mid-cycle updates are not new to the auto industry. Will I feel a bit of FOMO with the new features? Maybe. But my foundation-spec R1T is so advanced compared to everything else I've owned, flaws and all, I'm satisfied with it. Compared to the '01 BMW M Roadster I still own, it's like comparing the Apollo moon lander and Starship Enterprise (NCC-1701-D).

Last edited:

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
The suspense is killing me. I don’t want to get my hopes up but Rivian proved they are good at keeping secrets with the R3, so it seems like there is bound to be a surprise or two coming.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
The peregrine falcon, also known simply as the peregrine, and historically as the duck hawk in North America, is a cosmopolitan bird of prey in the family Falconidae. A large, crow-sized falcon, it has a blue-grey back, barred white underparts, and a black head. The peregrine is renowned for its speed.
Speculate as you wish ;)