First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
They offered me ride share credit, like Uber, but I explained to them I have 3 kids and car seats and I can’t use Uber. They reserved a SUV for me at a local Enterprise but they were closed for the weekends. So they tried finding another Enterprise that was open, which they did, but it closed in 30 mins, so that was not happening. So now I have to wait until Monday for a rental.
I wish they offered me a R1T loaner or even a R1S….hahaha
This is alarming. I am prepared for my LE R1T to have some flaws that need to get fixed but Rivian has stated that they will come to us for the repair and if required they will bring us a loaner (preferably same model they are picking up). For me this is very important for Rivian to get right. If they want people to take the leap from an established competitor they had better prove they can stand behind their product. News of leaving new customers stranded with bricked cars and no transport won't sit well in the media or with investors.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

This is alarming. I am prepared for my LE R1T to have some flaws that need to get fixed but Rivian has stated that they will come to us for the repair and if required they will bring us a loaner (preferably same model they are picking up). For me this is very important for Rivian to get right. If they want people to take the leap from an established competitor they had better prove they can stand behind their product. News of leaving new customers stranded with bricked cars and no transport won't sit well in the media or with investors.

Its like owning an Alfa has prepared me for owning a Rivian. LOL.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
From my perspective as an investor having 10s of millions tied up in a loaner fleet when trying to get through the large back order and get those initial sales numbers up is not preferable. Let the rental car companies handle the loaners and get the built R1 vehicles delivered.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well, if someone is buying a vehicle this new with no history or reliability data to go on, you best have a spare vehicle to drive, for sure. They just don't have the R1Ts available as loaners in this environment.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

The whole loaner fleet is about Brand Image and word of mouth as well as getting what you paid for imho.

A Brand that has a vehicle in for repair and does not provide a loaner of equal-ish value seems legacy and the ways of the dealership model.

Uber Credits are also not a solution, Yes a loaner fleet would tie up vehicles but they need to plan accordingly.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Most concerned by the fact that they tried to pawn Uber credits. If Rivian suspects the R1 will need to be picked up they should prearrange a replacement. Uber would not work where I live. If Rivian recommends buyers to own their own backup for when their brand new premium R1 fails them then they should state that to perspective buyers.

OP
OP
johnjohn

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Update: Just got off the phone with the Service Advisor and they will need to replace the high voltage battery. Do not quote me on this because my cell service was a little choppy but apparently a conductor or connection was left open and would not close causing the battery to constantly discharge. The replacement battery will come in on Thursday and the earliest they can get the truck back to me is Saturday. But I will be on vacation until Sunday. So I will not get the truck until Monday.

I actually asked about a loaner and I was told they don't have any loaners at the moment but they will keep helping me get a rental car.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Update: Just got off the phone with the Service Advisor and they will need to replace the high voltage battery. Do not quote me on this because my cell service was a little choppy but apparently a conductor or connection was left open and would not close causing the battery to constantly discharge. The replacement battery will come in on Thursday and the earliest they can get the truck back to me is Saturday. But I will be on vacation until Sunday. So I will not get the truck until Monday.

I actually asked about a loaner and I was told they don't have any loaners at the moment but they will keep helping me get a rental car.
Very interesting. I’m glad they got it figured out quickly and have a resolution for you. Hopefully it’s an anomaly and not the start of a trend.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Ask CS for a Replacement Vehicle. Just easier that way..

RikV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab
Occupation
Engineer
Still a bit new to the EV world, but...if a newer Tesla needed a HV battery replacement it would mean 'car' replacement, since the pack is structural, correct? I'm skeptical of the structural battery...I like the fact that Rivian can change out the pack.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

E9562011-C093-439D-A584-D9D7D2DA5E00.jpeg

I was enjoying my R1T then this happened! I took delivery on March 20th. Rivian support had me try all reset tricks but nothing fixed it. The truck eventually went dead and I couldn’t even lock the doors. They had it towed and now it is at the service center. It will take them 1-2 days to diagnosis the issue. 😔

I’ll keep you all posted….
How hard was the truck driven since delivered?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

That's honestly amazing timing. Getting a new battery from VW has been months for some folks.

OP
OP
johnjohn

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

How hard was the truck driven since delivered?
I don't think it was driven "hard" at all. I had about 1500 miles on it and my average highway speed was 75 mph. I would also say I did 95% one pedal driving

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
When I got a Tesla in 2014 the service was amazing. Most things were fixed with mobile techs coming to my house and then larger issues like motors, suspension, battery were fixed at the service center and a loaner Model S was always provided.

Not anymore. Tesla still has some loaners occasionally (if you get the right friendly service advisor) but they have moved to Uber Credits as well. It's really annoying but once the model 3 came out, all the service centers are overwhelmed. It can take 3-4 weeks for an appt in Los Angeles.

So I'm not surprised that Rivian is following down the uber credit path. They don't have loaner cars to give out anyway. Nobody wants them to stop delivering to customers so they can build up a loaner fleet for all their service centers.

This is just the way it will be for early adopters receiving the first year models from a brand new car company. I would not be buying a a first gen Rivian if It was my only option for transport. I know It will have issues.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
That's honestly amazing timing. Getting a new battery from VW has been months for some folks.
yeah that's what I was thinking. Can't imagine there are too many extra batteries around right now.
Sponsored