Sponsored

“Critical battery issue”

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have two interconnected heat detectors that I need to install. I figured I’d install one in our garage and one in our kitchen. That will give us heat monitoring in two places smoke detectors aren’t ideal and if the garage goes off we’ll hear it in the house from the kitchen unit which will sound the alarm, too.
Where'd you get yours from?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it's a related PSA and reality check for us all. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a 120v AC plug-in heat detector? I.e. Plug it in where a garage door opener plugs in.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

E9562011-C093-439D-A584-D9D7D2DA5E00.jpeg

I was enjoying my R1T then this happened! I took delivery on March 20th. Rivian support had me try all reset tricks but nothing fixed it. The truck eventually went dead and I couldn’t even lock the doors. They had it towed and now it is at the service center. It will take them 1-2 days to diagnosis the issue. 😔

I’ll keep you all posted….
Stay strong... early adoption woes

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Where'd you get yours from?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it's a related PSA and reality check for us all. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a 120v AC plug-in heat detector? I.e. Plug it in where a garage door opener plugs in.
Amazon, so I guess there’s a Rivian tie-in. :)

Link to item

This is hard wired with battery backup and meant to be installed on a flat surface so not really plug-in

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I was enjoying my R1T then this happened! I took delivery on March 20th. Rivian support had me try all reset tricks but nothing fixed it. The truck eventually went dead and I couldn’t even lock the doors. They had it towed and now it is at the service center. It will take them 1-2 days to diagnosis the issue. 😔

I’ll keep you all posted….
What is the loaner truck situation like? An adventure R1T? A competitor’s BEV? A random ICE they took on trade?

OP
OP
johnjohn

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

What is the loaner truck situation like? An adventure R1T? A competitor’s BEV? A random ICE they took on trade?
They offered me ride share credit, like Uber, but I explained to them I have 3 kids and car seats and I can’t use Uber. They reserved a SUV for me at a local Enterprise but they were closed for the weekends. So they tried finding another Enterprise that was open, which they did, but it closed in 30 mins, so that was not happening. So now I have to wait until Monday for a rental.
I wish they offered me a R1T loaner or even a R1S….hahaha

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I really dislike cryptic messages like this. Something flagged this as an issue so give me the info. At least an error code that can be looked up.
Dubious further code or info will be provided as no DIY would be wise in this case. EV’s are going to be hard enough for recently trained technicians to safely and accurately diagnose and repair.

OP shared all that is known until Rivian gets to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnjohn

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Update: I haven’t heard from Rivian yet but I looked at my app and saw this…
Rivian R1T R1S “Critical battery issue” 7E0DEA2C-6616-447F-AD00-6B965452A403

I’ll post another update once I hear from them or see anything different in the app.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Update: I haven’t heard from Rivian yet but I looked at my app and saw this…
7E0DEA2C-6616-447F-AD00-6B965452A403.jpeg

I’ll post another update once I hear from them or see anything different in the app.
Looks like it is something simple! I know when we have errors on most cars these days its ALWAYS (90% of the time) related to bad voltage/current fluctuations in every single device going back from the battery.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Seems like I've seen quite a few issues with the 12v batteries.

Wasn't there at least a rumor that one of the supply constraints in the winter/early spring was 12v battery availability?

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Oh boy, the 12v battery issues begin. Many new EVs have gone through this, the iPace and Taycan being two I can attest to.

If that's what it is, the bright side is installing a new 12v will (temporarily) fix it but in those other cases it has been a software issue causing the 12v to drain and took some time to patch.