SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

You could also purchase the truck on the secondary market, do a bunch of measurements and scans for fitting custom accessories - sell that information to 3rd parties. Then sell the truck for a significant profit to boot....
Sponsored

Joelpro

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi Q7
Clubs

I can confirm that's the ATL service center.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

If this was actually a first delivery to a non employee.... does that mean this color is first on the list and most common color combo for batch building? I wouldn't think so no?
I haven't seen any evidence they are batching color combos. A wide variety of combinations have been spotted in photos that have been posted.

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I'm going to speculate that this was posted by the delivery driver, NOT a customer. It appears to be at a service center (from other comments and R1T in background). The caption says "delivery", yet it is at a service center.... so if a customer was posting a "delivery" it would probably be at their house, not the service center. If this was a customer taking delivery at the service center, it would likely be more of a "picking up my new Rivian today" caption.
Also, since they messed up the R1S and RS1, I think it's safe to assume that the person that took this isn't too familiar with Rivian and hasn't had a pre-order for years.

All leads me to believe this was posted by the truck driver making a delivery either to the service center or about to deliver it to an employee.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I love it.
I still dislike the chrome strip.
First thing that’ll go.
Isn’t it more of a brushed metal than a chrome?

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Isn’t it more of a brushed metal than a chrome?
Either way it’s nasty.
I saw it in person a few times already. It just doesn’t work (for me)

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised if the first customer R1S goes right on the auction block for like a quarter of a million dollars.

Just imagine the bidding war for something so many people have been waiting like 4 years for.
You are completely RIGHT!!! If it was Black On Black, I'd right there in the middle of it. Only Kidding!! S-0-0-N!

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
From what I've seen (at least from user reported activity through various forums and social media portals) there are about 9 or so 'documented' (in some way shape or form) non-employee R1S deliveries that are at some verifiable stage in the process at present. The locations are pretty well distributed (CO, CA, GA, TX, WA among others) and there isn't really a 'shot pattern' around configuration beyond that none of them have Ocean Coast. Different wheels, different colors etc. They also seem to be going to very early reservation holders (though not the earliest in many cases) so there is definitely a 'first in first out' approach to deliveries that is impacted by location and configuration.

Additionally many of the larger hubs are reporting (or having users reporting) their first shipments of the R1S to the service centers, which is obviously a good leading indicator of future deliveries. The notifications seem to be happening mostly in the early part of the week as far as I can tell (though not always) so perhaps next Monday/Tuesday will yield more notifications for Aug/Sep R1S reservation holders.

All in all the evidence seems to suggest a significant upturn in R1S related delivery activity in the last week, and it's possible that the delivery windows that were most recently projected by Rivian for the R1S will be significantly more accurate than previous projections. Given that we are headed into late August and there has only been a trickle of deliveries so far just spitballing it I would say that the delivery windows have slipped by about a month or so (I.e. most Sept deliveries can probably expect to see their vehicle in October). The ramp in production seems to be real however and adding a second shift + headway on supply chain issues may allow Rivian to make this time back up in the remainder of the year which would bode well for folks with deliveries scheduled later in the year.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
From what I've seen (at least from user reported activity through various forums and social media portals) there are about 9 or so 'documented' (in some way shape or form) non-employee R1S deliveries that are at some verifiable stage in the process at present. The locations are pretty well distributed (CO, CA, GA, TX, WA among others) and there isn't really a 'shot pattern' around configuration beyond that none of them have Ocean Coast. Different wheels, different colors etc. They also seem to be going to very early reservation holders (though not the earliest in many cases) so there is definitely a 'first in first out' approach to deliveries that is impacted by location and configuration.

Additionally many of the larger hubs are reporting (or having users reporting) their first shipments of the R1S to the service centers, which is obviously a good leading indicator of future deliveries. The notifications seem to be happening mostly in the early part of the week as far as I can tell (though not always) so perhaps next Monday/Tuesday will yield more notifications for Aug/Sep R1S reservation holders.

All in all the evidence seems to suggest a significant upturn in R1S related delivery activity in the last week, and it's possible that the delivery windows that were most recently projected by Rivian for the R1S will be significantly more accurate than previous projections. Given that we are headed into late August and there has only been a trickle of deliveries so far just spitballing it I would say that the delivery windows have slipped by about a month or so (I.e. most Sept deliveries can probably expect to see their vehicle in October). The ramp in production seems to be real however and adding a second shift + headway on supply chain issues may allow Rivian to make this time back up in the remainder of the year which would bode well for folks with deliveries scheduled later in the year.
I felt like I was reading a script for an analyst on Bloomberg TV reporting on Rivian. Nicely done, and hope that it pans out this way. I think the slip might be more than just a month though because if the very first few folks are getting contacted now (mid August) and delivery by rail takes 4- 8 weeks, there's a good chance that the majority of Aug - Sept deliveries happen in Oct - Nov instead. As a 2020 order I'm preparing to be on the tail end of that window either way.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
"Nice looking, but it could use some chrome."

-Things not often uttered by anyone, anywhere, outside classic muscle car scenes.
BS. You've clearly never been outside a Pep Boys or Advance Auto. So many stick-on chrome grills, vents, window visors, letters, etc. I occasionally see cars that look like they bought two of everything from that section!

Sponsored

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
BS. You've clearly never been outside a Pep Boys or Advance Auto. So many stick-on chrome grills, vents, window visors, letters, etc. I occasionally see cars that look like they bought two of everything from that section!
It's a much better world when you put blinders on and only see what you want to see. You should try it.

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
two arrived in Colorado yesterday, not my pictures!

Rivian R1T R1S Possible first customer R1S delivery being reported r1scod2

Rivian R1T R1S Possible first customer R1S delivery being reported R1s CoD1

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
Either way it’s nasty.
I saw it in person a few times already. It just doesn’t work (for me)
you have a guide? in your signature block, june 1st you got a guide?

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Taste…

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

From nothing other than a gut feeling, we will start to see customer deliveries of the R1S starting in the next few days to some of those that recently received their VIN.
Sponsored