Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
- What do you want me to go over. Let’s make a list and I’ll do my best
You're a legend. If you have time and don't mind, I'd love to know:
- Measurements of the frunk area below the false floor (how big/deep are the cutouts on the sides and in the front)
- Measurements of the storage cavity under the rear seat
- Measurement from the bed to the bottom of the tonneau cover (I know we have a Rivian number here but I'm trying to figure out if I can stuff a 17.1" fridge in and Rivian says 17" ?
Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Hey Rivian - if you’re listening, it would be great to add something like this to your site - allow customers to ask for videos of things they want to see and then show them. With not many test drive options, this would be a great way to answer feedback.
That's a great idea. I like the idea of having many 30-60s short videos showcasing specific features. They don't even need to be "produced", just film them on a phone camera.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I would love it if you could share an AR scan of your Rivian on a Google drive. Here’s a 2 minute YouTube of someone who did that with their car:

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Seeing all the questions, when I finally get my R1S (May/June, hopefully?) maybe I'll just do a live stream a couple of times a week and take questions for anyone here then. Do it in real time.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Seeing all the questions, when I finally get my R1S (May/June, hopefully?) maybe I'll just do a live stream a couple of times a week and take questions for anyone here then. Do it in real time.
I want to but YouTube for some reason limits this till you have a certain number of subs

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
If you are able, I’d love to see a full side profile of an Adult in the drivers seat and another adult seated in the back directly behind - feel free to cut off the heads, I’m mostly concerned with leg room in the back. How comfortable will the family be on road trips…..
At 6'1" I sat in the front, then sat "behind myself" and had ridiculous leg room. Like 6" between my knees and the seat in front of me at least. Much more room than the Range Rover Sport.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Are there any tow hook points besides having to pay for the Offroad Package to get the dual, front bumper tow hooks?

Is there space to install a winch, as in does it look like they've planned for the option to install a winch?
I have talked to CS about this and they say it will be a future item. I also recall somebody who dig into the app binary and said it had controls for a winch.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
@Iwantatesla - One more wishlist item, can you check and see if there's any kind of auto-leveling (either automatic or with an option) when parked? e.g. if you park on uneven terrain or a slight incline, will the truck stay level with the air suspension? (Wondering for rooftop tent camping, CS has indicated this would be an option.)

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
@Iwantatesla glad you are feeling better. Do you have any car seats? I would love to see a car seat in the center seat just to see how much room the other passengers in the back would have. Thanks!

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
If you drive without your seatbelt on does the car make dings to remind you? Do these go on forever, or do they stop after a certain period of time?

EDIT: *Seatbelt off
Sponsored

Last edited: