OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
If you drive without your seatbelt on does the car make dings to remind you? Do these go on forever, or do they stop after a certain period of time?
I'm guessing you mean seatbelt off. It does and it's not constant (sound is periodic, light on all time) it goes off after a certain period of time.
Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I am a bit confused over this. I thought Rivian has said battery is protected in all trims so I am not clear exactly what the package is adding.
On the website, they describe it as an upgraded battery shield. I think the basic shield is plastic (though I hope I'm wrong, Tesla uses a titanium shield on the Model S), while the upgraded one is supposedly carbon fiber. I'd still like more exact details on this, because $2000 is a lot of money for just tow hooks if there's nothing else really with it.

Also is there any option to only pop the driver door handles not all four when you unlock the truck?
In the manual, they say you can configure the key fob to unlock just the drivers door with one click, and all four with a second. I'm not sure how it works with phone keys or the tap keys, though.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Iwantatesla sorry man, I think you opened up a can of worms here. I got tired just reading through the requests In the thread.

Glad to hear your back and doing better.

All I’d like is to hear you are loving the truck and happy with the purchase decision.
Yes, I think I looked at the can and was like I need protein. I'd buy it all over again. It's freaking awesome.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know this is nitpicking but how loud is it? To me if it is really loud it just screams low quality. I know this isnt a huge deal but I dont want to be showing off my truck and then someone asks how does the tonneau open? and then it grinds open like the gates of Mordor.
It's not bad at all. I'd say it's like skateboard wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you provide any information about servicing the tonneau? For example, how is the hidden compartment accessed? The slats have to go somewhere, and the concern has been raised that perhaps a periodic "cleaning" and removal of leaves/debris would be prudent.
Sorry, I can't since I do not know how or what they did. I was told they fixed it so that it's minimal maintenance.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was it taken away to do the repair to the tonneau? and if so, did they offer a loaner?
Yes and yes (for now it's rental cars obviously until they scale). I opted out since I didn't need it and the turnaround was so fast.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you are able, I’d love to see a full side profile of an Adult in the drivers seat and another adult seated in the back directly behind - feel free to cut off the heads, I’m mostly concerned with leg room in the back. How comfortable will the family be on road trips…..
Hm... I have an idea for this. I'm 6'3 275 and I fit behind myself just fine.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Do you have small children? Or friends/family with small children?

I would love to see how well Rivian's claim that it can accomodate 3 full sized child car seats holds up.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have small children? Or friends/family with small children?

I would love to see how well Rivian's claim that it can accomodate 3 full sized child car seats holds up.
I have 1 Cybex convertible car seat. I'll set it up tomorrow and take photos and such when it's bright.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Hm... I have an idea for this. I'm 6'3 275 and I fit behind myself just fine.
Can confirm, I'm 6'4" (mostly legs) and 245, I fit behind myself comfortably on my test drive. It's not expansive or anything but I wasn't bumping the seat in a comfortable posture. Plenty of headroom in the back too.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
On the website, they describe it as an upgraded battery shield
Hence the source of my confusion. There is no details I could find on what that means. If it is plastic vs some bombproof materials under battery, I will upgrade but if it is just some additional metal in front and back of vehicle and it is the same under battery, I won’t.

Thanks a bunch about info on door handle. It was very helpful.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired

Yes, no, maybe? I mean, inquiring mani ... er, minds wanna knoW! ?

All jest aside, an accurate read regarding chargers and how they charge a Rivian would be awesome. So would seeing actual real world figures of how ranges when it's fully charged and under the different drive types and/or loads.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Hence the source of my confusion. There is no details I could find on what that means. If it is plastic vs some bombproof materials under battery, I will upgrade but if it is just some additional metal in front and back of vehicle and it is the same under battery, I won’t.
I can't find it now, but I thought somewhere it was detailed as carbon fiber.
Sponsored