First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
Was it confirmed all employees have the 180 day lockup period in the filing?
I read that the bulk of the employees were in the DSP with us and the DSP has no lockup. I don't know where this 180day thing came from. RJ and the directors have lots of different stock and option things going on.
Sponsored

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
So who here is holding long-term?
As long as it takes to get my 80k back so I can say I got a free truck. I'm sure I'll be saying that "SooN" ???? lol

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I don't know where this 180day thing came from. RJ and the directors have lots of different stock and option things going on.
IPO underwriters make virtually all existing shareholders of a company agree to a 180-day lockup period in which they cannot sell shares they acquired before the IPO. That usually means the vast majority of shares that people own are ineligible to be sold during the first 6 months of trading.

From the S-1 (emphasis added):

We and all of our directors and executive officers and certain other record holders that together represent approximately 99.6% of our outstanding Class A common stock and securities directly or indirectly convertible into or exchangeable or exercisable for our Class A common stock (“Other Securities”) are subject to lock-up agreements and/or market standoff agreements that restrict our and their ability to sell or transfer shares of our capital stock for a period of 180 days from the date of this prospectus, subject to certain exceptions. Holders of approximately 3.6 million shares of Other Securities, issued under our equity incentive plans, are not subject to a market standoff agreement. In addition, Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC (the “representatives”) may release certain stockholders from the lock-up agreements prior to the end of the lock-up period. If not otherwise early released, when the applicable market standoff agreements or lock-up periods expire, we and our security holders subject to a lock-up agreement or such market standoff agreements will be able to sell our shares freely in the public market, except that any shares held by our affiliates, as defined in Rule 144 under the Securities Act, would only be able to be sold in compliance with Rule 144. Sales of a substantial number of such shares upon expiration of the lock-upagreements and market standoff agreements, or the perception that such sales may occur, or early release of these agreements, could cause our market price to fall or make it more difficult for you to sell your Class A common stock at a time and price that you deem appropriate. See the section titled “Shares Eligible for Future Sale” for additional information regarding shares of our Class A common stock that will be eligible for resale after this offering.

noreason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Am I the only one that uses a Roth IRA stock account for things like this? No worries of long-term or short-term capital gains!
You need to worry of loses. Cannot be tax-deducted. Anytime, anywhere, any amount of gain, any tax bracket, gain is better than lose.

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
I was looking back at some pre-IPO internet "expert" videos saying Rivian not a great idea at $57 to $62 and some commenters estimating it should be valued more in the $20 range. Got a good laugh out of it.; especially as pre-market on 11/12/21 is currently showing $126 and change....
I tend to agree with those people. Love that the market loves it, but it's not really worth anything yet.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I tend to agree with those people. Love that the market loves it, but it's not really worth anything yet.
Think about how Ford, Amazon, and others came to their valuations when they invested in Rivian far before any of us did...it's worth a lot (loosely defined) in my mind.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So is Ford subject to the 180-day lockup? I was reading through the prospectus last night. I believe that is the case, but couldn’t clearly see that written.

There was talk of Ford selling and running at the market open, as they don’t really have anything to gain at this point other than the return on the investment.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
Think about how Ford, Amazon, and others came to their valuations when they invested in Rivian far before any of us did...it's worth a lot (loosely defined) in my mind.

They own their stock for an average of $10-12.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
So is Ford subject to the 180-day lockup? I was reading through the prospectus last night. I believe that is the case, but couldn’t clearly see that written.

There was talk of Ford selling and running at the market open, as they don’t really have anything to gain at this point other than the return on the investment.
Great question. Since they won't be using the Rivian skateboard for the Navigator they can dump their shares and move on...that would stink!

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Those valuations were much, much lower. Amazon, with $3.8B invested, holds 20%. That's a valuation under $20B. I get that they invested in tranches with increasing valuation, but their last round was still in the $20's. We're at $112B now. Just nuts.

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

For anyone who setup an ACH this week (11/8-11/12) to cover their DSP...You probably need to contact MS and your bank to ensure it will go through before Monday 5pm. I just talked to MS and my Capital One ACH setup wont go through until 11/17. I setup the ACH on Wednesday. Therefore, I had to wire the $$ to cover the DSP.

Would suck if anyone lost out on their DSP for a stupid mistake like I almost just made.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

For anyone who setup an ACH this week (11/8-11/12) to cover their DSP...You probably need to contact MS and your bank to ensure it will go through before Monday 5pm. I just talked to MS and my Capital One ACH setup wont go through until 11/17. I setup the ACH on Wednesday. Therefore, I had to wire the $$ to cover the DSP.

Would suck if anyone lost out on their DSP for a stupid mistake like I almost just made.
Yea...I'm still waiting for my ACH to clear on the Morgan Stanley side. When I initiated the transfer it said 11/12, and as of today the money is gone from my bank account, but Morgan Stanley still lists it as a unsettled cash trade with a deposit on hold. Hoping it clears on the MS side today.
Sponsored