Sponsored

Is anyone else concerned due to lack of Guide Contact?!?!

Andy96734

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I’m ok with the notification that all LE preorder holders will be contacted by end of Nov. if nothing heard then I’ll think about concern.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The guides need to minimize wasted efforts. More information about the vehicles and insurance, financing, etc. will all roll out within the next month, answering many questions that would otherwise fall to the guides.

I expect the outreach to really ramp up once the info is released and they get orders finalized for the first batch of deliveries.

For what it's worth, I happened to ask Rivian Customer Service a question and they told me to expect to hear from my guide officially "by mid-end of November."

I'm an R1S LE pre-order customer (in the first 600 or so total pre-orders on day 1) who lives in Seattle relatively close to the Bellevue Service Center.
@jtshaw, keep us posted! You will likely be among the first R1S contacts, so I'm super curious when you will hear from them and what delivery ETA they provide.

Last edited:

Andy96734

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The guides need to minimize wasted efforts. More information about the vehicles and insurance, financing, etc. will all roll out within the next month, answering many questions that would otherwise fall to the guides.

I expect the outreach to really ramp up once the info is released and they get orders finalized for the first batch of deliveries.

@jtshaw, keep us posted! You will likely be among the first R1S contacts, so I'm super curious when you will jear from them and what delivery ETA they provide.

@jtshaw, keep us posted! You will likely be among the first R1S contacts, so I'm super curious when you will jear from them and what delivery ETA they provide.
Envy here from like R1S preorderer, as expect in Hawaii there is not going to be a service center for a long time and bumped toward end of line. As a Tesla MX preorder back in the day am used to the delivery delay scenario and the kind of pop up/pick up like sprouting of the service center. I can volunteer to sit a rented garage, hang a Rivian center symbol and let Rivian fly in a tech as needed. Sure hope Rivian has a good contract with FEDEx?

fromawayfarm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Kona EV
So I've been thinking about this for a bit and I have a theory.

My preorder was well after yours yet I was one of the first people contacted by my guide. Why?

I'm starting to think it has nothing to do with delivery of the trucks and it was more a random lottery of all pre order holders to have the guides interview for that tour and drive they did last month.

During my call I remember being asked lots of questions about how I was planning on using the truck, what I was looking forward to most of all, and other things that "fit" the tone of that video.

Since that initial call with my guide I've had very little additional contact. I've sent over a few questions and I've gotten answers back but I still have no details about a possible delivery date or ANYTHING else along those lines.

I have a feeling that preorder holders before me will get called confirming delivery and stuff WAY before I get a follow up call about it. But then again, who knows.
Actually that makes a lot of sense. I suspect you are on to something. That would also explain why subsequent initial guide contacts have all but stopped.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
So we will get a few deliveries in the next few weeks. I wonder when everyone else will get contacted. I feel like only 20-30 people have been contacted.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So we will get a few deliveries in the next few weeks. I wonder when everyone else will get contacted. I feel like only 20-30 people have been contacted.
This is how I "feel" as well. Even if its 3-times or 5-times that many that's still a measly number. Rivian told the special guests they plan to build a vehicle every 4 minutes (or something like that). I realize that full-production pace will be gradually attained but still. Seems like they've done the Guide coordination only for the precious few getting deliveries in Sept-Oct. So the floodgates must burst open for Guide contacts starting in October.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
This is how I "feel" as well. Even if its 3-times or 5-times that many that's still a measly number. Rivian told the special guests they plan to build a vehicle every 4 minutes (or something like that). I realize that full-production pace will be gradually attained but still. Seems like they've done the Guide coordination only for the precious few getting deliveries in Sept-Oct. So the floodgates must burst open for Guide contacts starting in October.

Wouldn't it look bad if there are only 100 R1Ts delivered sept-Oct? Wouldn't do too well for the IPO.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
So the floodgates must burst open for Guide contacts starting in October.
That's my guess. They'll work through the first 100+ to work out the kinks, and then hammer down.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Rivian customer service told me guide contact for adventure package pre orders should be happening by late November.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
That's my guess. They'll work through the first 100+ to work out the kinks, and then hammer down.
Question is if we are contacted in October will the timeline be 6 months away like it was for the first contacts? I think it might be closer to 1-3 months. Who knows.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I am still hoping to use my LE R1S for a family trip at Christmas. If I don’t have it we will just use my Forester but I would much rather ride in the Rivian.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I‘m becoming concerned. Not that I haven’t personally been contacted, but rather that there’s 2 weeks left in September, and we haven’t heard of a single person anywhere who has been told to expect delivery by the end of the month. Additionally, we haven’t seen any new guide contacts in what seems like a very long time. If production is supposed to be ramping up, I would have expected a lot more guide contacts to have started occurring and deliveries being scheduled between now and the end of the year.

This is unfortunately the same feeling I had in June and July, right before the delays were announced. I hope my gut is wrong this time.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I‘m becoming concerned. Not that I haven’t personally been contacted, but rather that there’s 2 weeks left in September, and we haven’t heard of a single person anywhere who has been told to expect delivery by the end of the month. Additionally, we haven’t seen any new guide contacts in what seems like a very long time. If production is supposed to be ramping up, I would have expected a lot more guide contacts to have started occurring and deliveries being scheduled between now and the end of the year.

This is unfortunately the same feeling I had in June and July, right before the delays were announced. I hope my gut is wrong this time.

For all we know all the folks who went to the special event could have gotten contacted or will get contacted. Granted not much but theyll probably do a few handful this month I reckon.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
For all we know all the folks who went to the special event could have gotten contacted or will get contacted. Granted not much but theyll probably do a few handful this month I reckon.
Certainly possible, and I hope you’re correct. I recall Ducktruck saying that although he met his guide at the event, he had not yet received his official guide invitation.

it also may be that everyone who knows they’re getting their trucks in the next two weeks had to sign an NDA, but that seems like an unusual thing to require of your customers.

I guess we’ll know soon, but I don’t like the feeling I’m getting…again.
Sponsored