Sponsored

Is anyone else concerned due to lack of Guide Contact?!?!

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

You maybe right about the pending litigation with the Illinois Dealer Association. I contacted CS to ask if that would affect deliveries and they said that it would not. I hope it doesn't stop us from participation in the test drive events.
It wouldn't prevent delivery. However if the judge rules in favor of the dealers, IL could be in the same situation as Texas.

I can't imagine they would want guides to set up home delivery, then at the last minute have to change everything because the lawsuit.

Probably also a factor with factory pickup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Their customer service people are pretty responsive via chat, give that a shot. Or just go to irvine ???
I may just have to pull up on them?‍♂

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

its not rocket surgery!
Thanks for contributing to my rant! This made me laugh and it was much appreciated.

I appreciate everyone's insight, I'm sure things will ramp up soon, but sometimes its hard to hold in the excitement. I would sleep easier at night If I at least new what month I'd be getting my truck.

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

So I've been thinking about this for a bit and I have a theory.

My preorder was well after yours yet I was one of the first people contacted by my guide. Why?

I'm starting to think it has nothing to do with delivery of the trucks and it was more a random lottery of all pre order holders to have the guides interview for that tour and drive they did last month.

During my call I remember being asked lots of questions about how I was planning on using the truck, what I was looking forward to most of all, and other things that "fit" the tone of that video.

Since that initial call with my guide I've had very little additional contact. I've sent over a few questions and I've gotten answers back but I still have no details about a possible delivery date or ANYTHING else along those lines.

I have a feeling that preorder holders before me will get called confirming delivery and stuff WAY before I get a follow up call about it. But then again, who knows.
Interesting theory, it seems to line up. Any one else agree with this?

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting theory, it seems to line up. Any one else agree with this?
I think some of the attendees didn't have guide contacts prior to being invited. @DuckTruck is that right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
I am completely fed up at this point. 1/5/19 and nothing. I don’t expect to be contacted by a guide this year. Delivery mid to late next year. This is just a smoke and mirror joke. A few have been contacted so they can say they have and a few might get a token truck at the end of September to say deliveries have started. Did I mention joke.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I am completely fed up at this point. 1/5/19 and nothing. I don’t expect to be contacted by a guide this year. Delivery mid to late next year. This is just a smoke and mirror joke. A few have been contacted so they can say they have and a few might get a token truck at the end of September to say deliveries have started. Did I mention joke.
Is it Thanksgiving yet? ?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I am going to rant a little here, sorry in advance if you are not a fan. This is not bashing Rivian I know they have their work cut out, more me seeking clarification in the process.

RANT: I have not been contacted by a guide, nor have many people, but I feel that my circumstance would lead me to have had a very early guide contact. I preordered my truck at the LA auto show in front of I believe Brian an engineer at Rivian. I am located in Southern California an hour away from the El Segundo service center and have launch green with mountain black and the A/T 20s configured. Furthermore, they have a huge presence here in my backyard. They are planning a service center in Costa Mesa, my neighboring city, and their office in Irvine is less than a 20 min drive with traffic. I feel like all the stars align except for the one star that pops up in my email when a VIP emails me ?. If anyone has any insight or wants to tell me this is not a forum for ranting, it's all appreciated. We are going on three years and I am more than patient, I understand the truck may not get to me in September, October, or maybe even November, but a guide contact would certainly ease some of my anxiety. This comes from excitement, not disdain.

As all of us could probably agree on, we just want to experience it. To @DuckTruck - Bruce you are one lucky guy, to everyone at the event I really appreciate your feedback it has helped ease the nerves a bit but has made me even more excited. To the RivianStories guys, thanks for covering it all!

The Rivian team has certainly stepped it up in the past month or so as far as transparency and communication which is much appreciated, but I am ready for you guys to take my money ?. I feel that with the more exposure the trucks are receiving the less concerned with guides we have been, forgetting I still need to meet them to experience the truck.

I continued ranting past my rant paragraph. I hope this makes sense or at least relates my current concern. Otherwise, I couldn't be more excited. Its starting to feel really real.
Yup, same here. 35 minutes from El Segundo. Same configuration as yours, Dec 8, 2018 LA auto show order. I'm equally frustrated. Doesn't make any sense at all. If not us then who is getting contacted?????

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Be patient. Do some breathing excercises. I am so very excited it is killing me waiting for a guide contact. They will be coming. We still have 3 months before Thanksgiving is here. Contacts can happen in that window.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Have you talked to anyone at Rivian about it? Squeaky wheel etc.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yup, same here. 35 minutes from El Segundo. Same configuration as yours, Dec 8, 2018 LA auto show order. I'm equally frustrated. Doesn't make any sense at all. If not us then who is getting contacted?????
I don't think many people are being contacted right now. One of our expectations when getting contacted is being provided a delivery window. Since they are waiting on approvals and have already contacted the first deliveries, they are most likely waiting to make additional contacts. When we bought a Tesla we bought online in 15 minutes and took delivery 4 days later. My guess is Rivian will be "slightly" longer out of the gate.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Have you talked to anyone at Rivian about it? Squeaky wheel etc.
About every 3-4 months. Very consistent if not exact response:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! I hope your day is going well! We appreciate your support and patience as a longtime preorder holder in bringing the R1T and R1S to life. While I don't quite have visibility into your place in line, keep in mind that in addition to your preorder date, your configuration and delivery location also play a role in your delivery timeline. No worries! Once in touch, your Rivian Guide will provide a much clearer picture of your timeline, so you know what to expect. Our primary delivery method will be a uniquely Rivian experience right in your driveway! Our team has explored multiple options for delivery to support all of our community, and your Guide will be here to walk you through all of your options come that time.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Be patient. Do some breathing excercises. I am so very excited it is killing me waiting for a guide contact. They will be coming. We still have 3 months before Thanksgiving is here. Contacts can happen in that window.
Some people were contacted in June and given sept-dec deliveries. That's 3-6 months from contact. I am wondering if that will be the case for anyone contacted in Nov. Will delivery be 3-6 months out or faster? Maybe production will be up and running and we will be given 1 month out dates.

I'm thinking the first group of contacts were just to calm everyone down.
Sponsored