trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Wouldn't it be really bad if they announced a delay this late in May? ugh
Any delay is bad. I just think things happened that they thought they could get resolved. Again, it it pure speculation on my part, but IMO signs are pointing to this.

I hope I am wrong.
Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Tbh a 3 month delay would be great for me. Im in the middle of leveraging a lot of capital to build a home, prior to selling the one im at now. A 3 month delay plus where I'm at in the pre-order list would give me a perfect amount of time to finish the build, move, sell and have my finances ready again.
I think you can delay your reservation if you are not ready at launch if you need to. Even if they launched in June, I am pretty sure you can tell them you don't want it until September if that help you.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
This is the week...it's either :champagne: or ?...so keeping with Aaron Rogers until then: R E L A X

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Announcing a delay in the final week of May and in the same week the F-150 debuts would be a pretty crushing blow for Rivian.
100% agree, especially right before they were supposed to start contacting people for deliveries. It wouldn't be catastrophic, but it would be pretty close.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
100% agree, especially right before they were supposed to start contacting people for deliveries. It wouldn't be catastrophic, but it would be pretty close.
It would be catastrophic for me. Waiting to announce a delay until the week before June, knowing full well that we've been waiting on pins and needles for a production update for many, many weeks, would be a breach of trust for me. I'm not about to give $80K+ to a company that is playing those kinds of games, as I simply wouldn't trust them in the long-run to do the right things for customers.

This will be a critical week for me. I'm still a believer.

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

It would be catastrophic for me. Waiting to announce a delay until the week before June, knowing full well that we've been waiting on pins and needles for a production update for many, many weeks, would be a breach of trust for me. I'm not about to give $80K+ to a company that is playing those kinds of games, as I simply wouldn't trust them in the long-run to do the right things for customers.

This will be a critical week for me. I'm still a believer.
We’re depending on availability for bicycle deliveries with both ICE vans out of commish. Vaporware will
not work!
Anyone have access to sat fotos of the plant?
Last ones I saw showed a near empty lot.
Anyone been snooping around Normal??
Keep us posted

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
My recommendation to anyone with an earlier reservation slot than mine: please panic now and cancel your reservation either this week or next.

The company's failure to Tweet this week and it's inability to photograph the interior and it's founder's silly ideas about health/safety and the fact that these "guides" won't call us when we are all clearly so very lonely are MASSIVE red flags, people. Especially when we can get an electric F150 for like half the price.

What are you waiting for??? Run for the hills. This is not the vehicle for you. Cancel now. (And thanks in advance for moving me up several slots.)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My recommendation to anyone with an earlier reservation slot than mine: please panic now and cancel your reservation either this week or next.

The company's failure to Tweet this week and it's inability to photograph the interior and it's founder's silly ideas about health/safety and the fact that these "guides" won't call us when we are all clearly so very lonely are MASSIVE red flags, people. Especially when we can get an electric F150 for like half the price.

What are you waiting for??? Run for the hills. This is not the vehicle for you. Cancel now. (And thanks in advance for moving me up several slots.)

Rock on!

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I doubt they will announce a delay at all. Just going to keep stringing things out for the next 4-6 months. Incredibly disappointing and takes nearly all the interest away for me.
Don't panic just yet. They still haven't technically missed the latest target dates. But yes, the lack of communication has certainly hurt my excitement/interest as well.

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
Don't panic just yet. They still haven't technically missed the latest target dates. But yes, the lack of communication has certainly hurt my excitement/interest as well.
I'd put it like this: Late game stealth mode is a shot to one foot. Now, it's just a matter of whether they shoot the other foot, or bandage the first.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I think they can build just enough to meet the promise of “some” delivery in June but volume is still a ways off. Surprised nobody has heard from a guide yet, though.