Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
And this is why I'm here as a Rivian owner right now. So tired of the promises. Really a shame. I paid up for full self drive back in 2016....can I get my money back now? I don't even own the X anymore.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Does this reduce the towing capacity from "near infinite" to "sort of infinite" or just "marginally infinite" ? Or does it improve towing capacity "to infinity and beyond" ?

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor 1683212378625

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
“Transporting stuff in the bed” will face challenges? WTF other reason is there to buy a truck if it can’t do that? :CWL:

chandlerr85

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Jeep Wrangler, C6 Corvette Z06, R1S
Does this reduce the towing capacity from "near infinite" to "sort of infinite" or just "marginally infinite" ? Or does it improve towing capacity "to infinity and beyond" ?

1683212378625.png
towing capacity is still infinite*

*in the vacuum of space

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
I had one on order.. but will never buy another Tesla. I have never known a car company that is willing to screw over their loyal customer base like Tesla has the past year.

We got our Model Y last summer. With the price decrease (not including new federal tax incentive) its $13k less. I can't stand to see it in the garage. If it was my dog.. I would kick it everytime I walked by.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i think we should withhold judgment until its actually produced because it may be more capable than we think. that being said, im wondering if it ever was a true exoskeleton design but more marketing gimmick by Musky.

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Regardless of the cybertruck, it does seem mega/giga casting is cheaper, faster, less error prone all around.

I hope Rivian considers the tech for making high volume R2 cars
What happens when the giga cast get damaged in an accident? Cyberjunk?

Deleted member 11292

“Transporting stuff in the bed” will face challenges? WTF other reason is there to buy a truck if it can’t do that? :CWL:
Honestly, I don't see how you transport anything in that bed anyway. How do you attach anything to the tiedowns at the front of the bed with the sides sloping up like that? If there are even tiedowns in the bed, that is. Plus they limit what you can put in the bed at all. It's got about the same utility as an actually pickup truck as an H2.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor 1683218365980

Last edited by a moderator:

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Honestly, I don't see how you transport anything in that bed anyway. How do you attach anything to the tiedowns at the front of the bed with the sides sloping up like that? If there are even tiedowns in the bed, that is. Plus they limit what you can put in the bed at all. It's got about the same utility as an actually pickup truck as an H2.

1683218365980.png
H2 has to be my most loved car ever - change my mind!
Sponsored