First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
So the problem is caused by NOT installing the update? Seems to contradict all of those above who claim and imply the opposite. Or perhaps, just perhaps, it's not caused by the updates, as Rivian said?
the 2023.10.0 update just came out and didn’t have a chance to update to that - I had updated to the 2023.06.01 or whatever that most recent one was. I hadn’t noticed anything weird and even sat in traffic for over an hour yesterday getting home and everything was fine. Then this morning, no good.

who knows. Probably whatever this 12v issue other people have reported is.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
the 2023.10.0 update just came out and didn’t have a chance to update to that - I had updated to the 2023.06.01 or whatever that most recent one was. I hadn’t noticed anything weird and even sat in traffic for over an hour yesterday getting home and everything was fine. Then this morning, no good.

Curious, you said it would not go in reverse, where there any error messages on the screen?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Yes, I wasn't saying you're wrong in your diagnosis, just pointing out the absurdity of everyone jumping to the conclusion that updates were bricking their trucks.

Sure, since updates are frequent (every four weeks) many if not most problems will be noticed "shortly after installing the update". At least 25% of cracked windshields probably also happen within a week of installing the update. That doesn't imply causation.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
Curious, you said it would not go in reverse, where there any error messages on the screen?
no errors, just wouldn’t leave park.

I did notice when trying to increase the heat or turn on my seat warmers it would happen on the UI then immediately got back to where it was. So I was like, “well that’s weird, but whatever I need to leave” and then couldn’t move lol 🙃

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Is there an official way to send software bugs to the Rivian team?

Sponsored

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Can someone explain the plug in charge for RAN? From my experience that was already a thing.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Can someone explain the plug in charge for RAN? From my experience that was already a thing.
I have not used the RAN yet but my understanding is it was authenticating the truck and allowing for a free session. This change will allow them to charge based on your stored credit card.

capitolm94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have not used the RAN yet but my understanding is it was authenticating the truck and allowing for a free session. This change will allow them to charge based on your stored credit card.
have they given a date where they will start charging? What’s the rate?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
have they given a date where they will start charging? What’s the rate?
Rates not released and not clear on when. They mentioned April but not sure if that is everyone or people that have had vehicles longer than say 6 or 12 months. My guess is we will have more clarity prior to the 2023 Q1 earnings report.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Not really.

Some people have been told to tell their guide. When I tried that I felt like it was just being "round-filed".

Some people have been told to create service tickets. I have done this but have since been told (by service) to "please stop".

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Not really.

Some people have been told to tell their guide. When I tried that I felt like it was just being "round-filed".

Some people have been told to create service tickets. I have done this but have since been told (by service) to "please stop".
That’s rather unfortunate. They should have an easy way to report software bugs either in the infotainment system or within the Rivian phone app.

Then they can automatically triage it or escalate it depending on the issue. But, all software bugs should be logged somewhere, and customers should be allowed to submit those bugs easily if they want.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
You can mention them on forums, but get ready for the "new adopter tax", "first world problems", "vampire drain concerns or it doesn't matter", "my truck doesn't do that", and be labeled a "complainer ".

Or the latest..."statistically if you came to the internet to complain about it....basically means almost never happens to almost all the rest of the trucks that have been delivered" crowd to jump in.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Yeah, the problem with forums is that important things can easily get lost in the noise (e.g., with the typical reactions you provided).

We want any problems to be exposed to the people who can fix them, rather than to others who simply want to rationalize them or provide excuses.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Yeah, the problem with forums is that important things can easily get lost in the noise (e.g., with the typical reactions you provided).

We want any problems to be exposed to the people who can fix them, rather than to others who simply want to rationalize them or provide excuses.
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 1679519699888

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Not really.

Reporting it to service as a ticket item is really the only method right now.

I haven't been told to stop, and instead they try to prevent me from doing so by:

Calling me -> Who wants to talk on the phone these days?
Calling me at the wrong time -> It has an option to select preferred time, but they don't pay any attention to that
Telling me that I'm the only one with the problem when I know people on this forum are also having the issue.
Telling me that I need to reboot as if I haven't tried that already

Tesla also lacked a way to report bugs, and eventually the bugs ruined the experience to such a degree that I wanted something else. Things like autolights no longer turning on in the rain.
Sponsored