RabidRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 03 S2K
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Why is everyone so hard up for a dash cam? I never even considered this as a priority. Not trying to be rude just wondering what I'm missing.
By asking this question, you've just single-handedly convinced me to move to Austin. :D

My update-

yesterday my truck was dead. Turns out it was the 12v issue.

Rivian was super great and sent someone out on his way home from the service center. He had it fixed in about 45 minutes after all said and done.

just hoping this update gets out asap. He did mention he’s seen these multiple times this week and gave a tip that if you notice any signs of your 12v dying (ie: slow handles, screen flicker, not going into drive or reverse, etc) that you can do a hard reset and it should reengage the 12v battery to get the truck giving it juice again.
Hard reset didn't work for me :(. Symptoms persisted.
Sponsored

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
Many years ago I was complaining to a friend about Windows computers - and that the solution to most problems is to reset the machine.

We wondered why we accepted constant resets when we would never accept such issues in a car! Can you imagine needing to reset/reboot a Ford/Chevy/Toyota? No one would stand for it!

Now I know how to do hard and soft resets on my Rivian. Progress.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Many years ago I was complaining to a friend about Windows computers - and that the solution to most problems is to reset the machine.

We wondered why we accepted constant resets when we would never accept such issues in a car! Can you imagine needing to reset/reboot a Ford/Chevy/Toyota? No one would stand for it!

But now it only needs a 2 finger salute instead of 3!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

And yet, EVs from the legacy manufacturers don't seem to need constant resets either.

Sponsored

Stepan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Can you imagine needing to reset/reboot a Ford/Chevy/Toyota? No one would stand for it!
I reset my Bolt EV and Ford Mach-E all the time...not saying its acceptable, but don't get it twisted that legacy automakers are somehow immune from this issue.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I reset my Bolt EV and Ford Mach-E all the time...not saying its acceptable, but don't get it twisted that legacy automakers are somehow immune from this issue.
Agreed. Someone ask me about my last three fords and the sync system in them. There was a straight up.lawsuit about the version 1 sync system in 2011

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Rivian engineers need to plunge a stake into the heart of the vampire that drains our HV battery packs. 5-7 miles of loss per day is unacceptable.
That’s still roughly 1.5 - 2 months of battery life before it’s all drained from 100%.

I say that in jest. I completely agree with you that they need to focus on fixing/minimizing this unnecessary drain ASAP!

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

what a fascinating modern age we live in. ;)

Sponsored

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
My story telling timeline was unclear - The Ford/Chevy/Toyota quip took place in 1993.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
You are buying a giant computer that's constantly working, monitoring and calculating.. why complain!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You are buying a giant computer that's constantly working, monitoring and calculating.. why complain!
Because it should be off when we tell it to be off...not constantly running in the background. That's just stupid to waste power for no reason.

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Quick question as I picked up my R1S this morning. Does 2023.10.0 supersede 2023.6.2?

I was told that I 2023.6.2 was the latest software this morning.
Sponsored