First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler, ecoDiesel, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Retired
Just what I've been waiting for. Hope to see it on sale on your site soon.
Sponsored

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes. Launch plan is similar to the PRO. It should follow the 17MM by a few weeks. I generally do this so I can estimate volume as the 1" model is lower in that regard (3:1 or 4:1) and a bit more expensive to make.
I was thinking about this, and I wonder if it would be possible to leave the ball off and just have a hole for the bolt to pass through? Then people could add whichever size ball mount they want/need by getting a through hole ball. Even easier if, instead of using an M5 nut, it were to have a nut for 1/4"-20 since there are a plethora of balls with a 1/4"-20 bolt sticking out of them. Just something that might make it easier for people to adopt and you not be required to develop/build a separate mount for every size of ball that people might want.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I was thinking about this, and I wonder if it would be possible to leave the ball off and just have a hole for the bolt to pass through? Then people could add whichever size ball mount they want/need by getting a through hole ball. Even easier if, instead of using an M5 nut, it were to have a nut for 1/4"-20 since there are a plethora of balls with a 1/4"-20 bolt sticking out of them. Just something that might make it easier for people to adopt and you not be required to develop/build a separate mount for every size of ball that people might want.
I've looked into this multiple times and it never works. The cost difference between getting one produced with a hole and a ball on it is insubstantial. It's more offset when you factor in the additional hardware that will be needed to keep it in place. Pricing advances for purchasers would just not be there either.

It's one of those instances where design and common sense doesn't jive with production constraints.

ForestGump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Y, Rivian R1T
Will you be producing a left side 20mm ball mount for RAM users? Thanks

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Will you be producing a left side 20mm ball mount for RAM users? Thanks
RAM uses a 1" mount. That's what you're asking for, right? 20MM is for Offroam x Peak Designs.

Depending on how these do, both in sales and issues - yes, I will. It's a bit off though.

Sponsored

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
Anyone have an issue where you plug in something to the OBDII port and it's not receiving power? I tried turning on outlets and driving my truck around and the device I plugged in isn't receiving power.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Anyone have an issue where you plug in something to the OBDII port and it's not receiving power? I tried turning on outlets and driving my truck around and the device I plugged in isn't receiving power.
Not here. The Scosche OBD II to USB Q3 adapter lit up red immediately after plugging it in.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hello my dudes!

These arrived late yesterday and most of the backorders have been completed and sent today. I'm expecting to get through the remainder of the backorders tomorrow for shipping on Monday.

Additionally, installation instructions for these will be posted shortly. A link to the instructions page was included with all of the outbound shipments.

The response to these has exceeded my expectations. I hope you all love them as much as I loved the process of creating them! ❤

idontknow544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hi thanks for making this! I'm a little new to 3d printing, do you have any suggestions for getting the ball piece printed? I'm having trouble printing that piece, it doesn't seem to want to stick to the plate. Thanks again!

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Received and installed mine today! Shipping was quick, thank you!

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hi thanks for making this! I'm a little new to 3d printing, do you have any suggestions for getting the ball piece printed? I'm having trouble printing that piece, it doesn't seem to want to stick to the plate. Thanks again!
Hey there, apologies for not seeing the post. You may want to look into a brim (preferred) or a raft (alternate) to get this to print correctly for you. You may also want to try something to promote bed adhesion to get it to stick.

Does that help?

idontknow544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks for the response! I figured out that increasing the temperature solved the sticking issue. Although now that I have it printed out, I'm struggle getting the small back piece to fit inside the vent. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Thanks for the response! I figured out that increasing the temperature solved the sticking issue. Although now that I have it printed out, I'm struggle getting the small back piece to fit inside the vent. Any suggestions?
There are install instructions on the website with a bit of info. Go SLOW though and don't force it. It's tricky the first time but it's easier once you get the hang of it.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I had your right side mount, but this left side mount is perfect. Brilliant, simple design for how it attaches to the truck. Good job by you, @RWerksman! 🙌🏼
Sponsored