RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I had your right side mount, but this left side mount is perfect. Brilliant, simple design for how it attaches to the truck. Good job by you, @RWerksman! 🙌🏼
Thank you, my dude!

Also - I've been working on a 1" and 20MM version of the mount and it's a bit difficult to get the dimensions 100% right.

Are folks interested in either? Any feedback about them would be really appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Thank you, my dude!

Also - I've been working on a 1" and 20MM version of the mount and it's a bit difficult to get the dimensions 100% right.

Are folks interested in either? Any feedback about them would be really appreciated.
I would be interested in the 1" ball

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Got mine installed. Took a couple times to get the first part into the vent. I was convinced something was wrong or different on my truck, but I kept trying different rotations and DIDN'T PRESS HARD, finally it slid in easily. I also used the OBD power you showed, and it all is very nicely hidden and neat. Thanks again!!

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I see that the 1 inch (and 20mm) got added to the store

any idea on time/availability?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Soon. Not Rivian S00n. :)

I'll have more about these in a day or so. Long story short is that I'd like to have a few folks test them prior to opening them to public release.

CinciPilot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Quick post here as I was speaking with someone about it just a few minutes ago. The Scosche ODB-II to USB kit is currently on sale for $19.99. Apparently, Rivian is making some vehicles without the under-dash 12V port. This is probably the best option.

https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-OBD2QC3-SP-Universal-OBDII-Connector
Yes, that was me. You noticed I had a cable running from the center console to the phone mount.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 6A83D0A8-FE8B-4E65-B823-A71A13E41652

I am pleased to report that the problem is now resolved with the left side mount.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 213893A4-B5A8-41E2-AA95-1796E9018F50

An install video would be helpful. It’s a thrill to yank down on that interior panel. The key seems to be to start pulling right under the steering wheel. Then you can work your way to the side.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
An install video would be helpful. It’s a thrill to yank down on that interior panel. The key seems to be to start pulling right under the steering wheel. Then you can work your way to the side.
I've been debating making one. I think if I begin selling that part that I will.

TBD, I guess.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SGC4K9T

It looks like it's back to $29.99. According to Camelcamelcamel, it never went on sale ... so ?

I'll be making a video on these and carrying them soon. They will be bundled with a phone mount for a reduced price.

Sponsored

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SGC4K9T

It looks like it's back to $29.99. According to Camelcamelcamel, it never went on sale ... so ?

I'll be making a video on these and carrying them soon. They will be bundled with a phone mount for a reduced price.
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on both the left vent mount and a scosche obd adapter since my truck doesnt have the 12V under dash. Any chance you know how long the obd adapter provides power after you leave the truck? Or if it provides power at all if the phone is removed?

I'll wait until you start carrying it so I can give you a few extra bucks instead of Amazon. Thanks for designing this!

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on both the left vent mount and a scosche obd adapter since my truck doesnt have the 12V under dash. Any chance you know how long the obd adapter provides power after you leave the truck? Or if it provides power at all if the phone is removed?

I'll wait until you start carrying it so I can give you a few extra bucks instead of Amazon. Thanks for designing this!
The ODB port provides power continuously when the vehicle is on and stays on for I believe 10 minutes after it's turned off. I've had mine installed since October and had a MagSafe charger on it for well over a month without issue.

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
The ODB port provides power continuously when the vehicle is on and stays on for I believe 10 minutes after it's turned off. I've had mine installed since October and had a MagSafe charger on it for well over a month without issue.
Awesome, thank you! Any idea when (roughly) you might have them in stock on your shop? (the adapters)

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Awesome, thank you! Any idea when (roughly) you might have them in stock on your shop? (the adapters)
It's on the list to activate today. They will likely begin shipping on Tuesday.