RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
There are a few recommendations on the product page, but I've received feedback from folks who have used a wide variety of MagSafe chargers that are rated well on stores such as Amazon.

Rule of thumb is that unless they specifically mention differently, they are likely 17MM.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Reach out to me via the contact form on the site with your order number and I'll get a replacement out to you.

Received and installed last night! Thank you.

See if I'm brave enough to try the oBD power install. Right now ran wire to the 12v port like before. Not great, but works.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
@RWerksman - thanks for publishing the STL files. What type of filament are you (and others who have printed this) using? PLA may deform in hot car interior temperatures. I'm thinking PET or PA filament would be best?

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
@RWerksman - thanks for publishing the STL files. What type of filament are you (and others who have printed this) using? PLA may deform in hot car interior temperatures. I'm thinking PET or PA filament would be best?
PETG is my go to. PLA will absolutely deform.

ABS or better, ASA is another good option. PA tends to have issues with UV.

Sponsored

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The arm that is supposed to hook behind the dash is just a little bit too short, resulting in it not sitting flush against the dash. Any chance it could be made slightly longer?

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 20230508_172926
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 20230508_172916

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
The arm that is supposed to hook behind the dash is just a little bit too short, resulting in it not sitting flush against the dash. Any chance it could be made slightly longer?
Nearly 100% of the time this is because the notch on the left hand side isn't inserted correctly. This pushes it out as you've shown here. I can see it needs to set a bit higher.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 1683594620798

If you look at the left of the base plate, you'll see it. There is a corresponding one on the bit with the hook.

Can you take a look at how you have it installed and respond to me in the ticket that you've opened? If need be, I'll replace the part.

Same with anyone else experiencing this. What is shown here is not how it's supposed to fit.

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I double checked the anchor and it looks properly seated to me. The part that hooks over the dash doesn't seem to be able to quite reach behind and underneath. Perhaps there is some slight size variation between trucks? Also wondering if the hook portion is even needed, have you tried a version without it? Seems like with the screw tightened it would hold in place fine without it.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 20230508_185055

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 20230508_185218
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 20230508_185229
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 20230508_185326

leftride

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
mine sits similarly to that. I don't believe it did when I first installed it and I haven't taken the time to mess with it to see if I can re-adjust.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine also does not fully seat along the a-pillar. I just thought that was how it was supposed to be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
That angle at the back of the dash cover looks a bit different to what I have. If you haven't already reached out to me using the contact for on OpenSourceEV, please do so. I'd like to send out a slightly tweaked version to see how it works for you.

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
@RWerksman any idea when the 20mm/1" might be back in stock for the left side phone mount?

Boyce32

First Name
Collis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
That's the one!

Install is super easy and it has a pass-though so it can remain installed. The OBD port is pretty high up in the drivers footwell, so unless you're rocking Ronald McDonald shoes you won't even be close to bumping into it.

I popped off the side panel and the left bit of the lower dash panel. From there, it's easy to feed the cable and wedge it under the steering wheel. There is foam there which holds it in place.

You can see the panel clips to the left and up from the bottom in this photo. The Scosche cable is in red:

IMG_1097.JPG
Any know how to pop the side panel off? I can pull down on the clip, but worry I'm going to snap the clips on the side. Looking for any guidance how to safely pop the side clips to run the wires. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
@RWerksman any idea when the 20mm/1" might be back in stock for the left side phone mount?
They are in the product plan right now. Likely Monday availability.

Any know how to pop the side panel off? I can pull down on the clip, but worry I'm going to snap the clips on the side. Looking for any guidance how to safely pop the side clips to run the wires. Thanks in advance!
I made a video about this! :D

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
What phone mount do folks like? Just ordered the Open Source EV 17mm ball for the right side clip in.
Sponsored