Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

So I did this the other day, and finally had a chance to drive home. While the truck still knows I'm "home", the navigation is still kinda broken for me, in that it never completes the navigation when I pull in my driveway.

So this didn't fix the minor annoyance with the nav/GPS setup for me.

I did notice that it converted the GPS coordinates back to my home address when I was setting it, so maybe it still ignores the GPS coordinates for navigating.
i wonder if your driveway is the “perfect” length to foil this system. I have the truck with me in Maine now, where our driveway is very long (1000 ft or so), will be moving it to our house in Santa Fe this summer where the driveway is shorter, but still long (500ft?), we’ll see how it does…
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Does that mean they've re-mapped acceleration so that you don't need to push so deep when you want to get moving?
I'm not a fan of "flooring" the accelerator. Reminds me too much of old ICE cars.
Yes if you're pressing down quickly you will get much faster acceleration much earlier now.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So, no one received this yesterday, as some forecasted would be the case?
That has been the pattern for all the updates so far. New app early in the week and then new vehicle update later in the week. Also we have been getting regular month end updates for quite a few months in a row but yeah appears nothing so far on the vehicle update. Maybe they found a bug or maybe they are just trying to keep us all on our toes.

bmcenaney

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
For reference, Rivian Mobile App 1.9 updated on 12/14. My truck downloaded the 5.5GB 2022.42.0 update and installed it on 12/20. Unless there's a major bug, I'd expect 2023.02.0 to start appearing out in the wild this week.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
For reference, Rivian Mobile App 1.9 updated on 12/14. My truck downloaded the 5.5GB 2022.42.0 update and installed it on 12/20. Unless there's a major bug, I'd expect 2023.02.0 to start appearing out in the wild this week.
I think I'm going to refuse to install any .0 updates, at this point. Not a single one has been without major issues.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
What was the major bug for 47.0? I'm still on that version and don't have any issues I'm aware of.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
I have the truck with me in Maine now, where our driveway is very long (1000 ft or so), will be moving it to our house in Santa Fe this summer
Um.. Maine in the Winter and Santa Fe in the Summer.. Aren't you doing this backwards... ? just sayin' :)

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

What was the major bug for 47.0? I'm still on that version and don't have any issues I'm aware of.
There
I think I'm going to refuse to install any .0 updates, at this point. Not a single one has been without major issues.
I think 47.0 was the first .0 released to the general public in about a year. Usually .1 .2 or .3 after beta testing. I guess you could wait about 3 weeks each release to let it settle and maybe pick up a fix if needed, and get it before the next update is pushed. I have thought about doing that, but that would delay my experience of the new capabilities and fixes.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I agree. I installed 2022.47.0 and I'm experiencing unexplained regen reduction. My service center told me their fleet vehicles are experiencing the same regen reduction after the update. They believe it's due to the update and said it should be address in the next update.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Oof, there are a lot of regressions in 47.0. I called Rivian Support on my morning commute after installing the update and the call center person was frazzled. We talked a bit while they were entering the ticket and they said it's been a rough morning and that they've seen a LOT of issues with that particular OTA.

Issues I've experienced from this OTA:
  • Range calculation is wacky
  • Regen is randomly limited. I understand when it's below freezing there may be some loss of regen, but I have photos showing regen locked out at 55F ambient. This should not occur.
  • Refuses to connect to any WiFi networks (tried reboot and tried multiple WiFi networks at different locations)
  • Garage door opener is unreliable. Sometimes it works on the first push. Other times I press 6+ times and it will not operate.
    • Genie phone app works every time.
    • Genie FOB works every time.
  • Tidal UI added, but Alexa doesn't work and "recent" doesn't update.
    • Also inconsistent UI. No way to add songs to "play next" like in Spotify? No "clear" button on search fields?
  • Audio UI has state/drawing issues.
    • Sometimes source is Spotify or Tidal but image on screen is the opposite service.
    • Scrolling through playlist causes list to draw outside of bounds.
  • If a bluetooth phone call is active, I leave the vehicle, and walk away, the vehicle locks and music begins to play inside the locked vehicle.
    • I must END the bluetooth call before walking away from the vehicle to avoid music playing when locked.
    • Transferring the call from bluetooth to the handset is NOT sufficient -- the call must END (not acceptable).
  • I'm sure there's more but I think the point has been made.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Oof, there are a lot of regressions in 47.0. I called Rivian Support on my morning commute after installing the update and the call center person was frazzled. We talked a bit while they were entering the ticket and they said it's been a rough morning and that they've seen a LOT of issues with that particular OTA.

• Regen is randomly limited. I understand when it's below freezing there may be some loss of regen, but I have photos showing regen locked out at 55F ambient. This should not occur.
  • Refuses to connect to any WiFi networks (tried reboot and tried multiple WiFi networks at different locations)
  • Garage door opener is unreliable. Sometimes it works on the first push. Other times I press 6+ times and it will not operate.
    • Also inconsistent UI. No way to add songs to "play next" like in Spotify? No "clear" button on search fields?
    • Sometimes source is Spotify or Tidal but image on screen is the opposite service.
  • If a bluetooth phone call is active, I leave the vehicle, and walk away, the vehicle locks and music begins to play inside the locked vehicle.
    • I must END the bluetooth call before walking away from the vehicle to avoid music playing when locked.
    • Transferring the call from bluetooth to the handset is NOT sufficient -- the call must END (not acceptable).
Guessing your truck has some modules that didn't get the update they should have. If only we had a way to check that... Anyone figure out the RIDE menu password yet?

I'd see if service can push the update to your truck again.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A

I've experienced literally none of these 🤷 Sorry to hear you've had so many issues.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition

I've experiencing the same random regen issue after the update. To me it's a safety issue since the regen is reduced without warning. I asked them if they could roll my vehicle back to the previous update. But they said that's not an option, I will just have to wait for a fix.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I've experienced literally none of these 🤷 Sorry to hear you've had so many issues.
Do you have a Tidal account? If so, please go try to use Alexa with Tidal. I have not found ANYONE who can provide a video of it working in their truck. Several people have claimed "oh yeah it for sure works" but when I press them on that they admit that, no, it actually does not work for them.

So, please, try Alexa w/Tidal in your R1T/R1S. Does it actually work??? (I'm guessing "no").
Sponsored