Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have been using Tidal in both my Rivian R1T and Tesla Model Y after their last updates. Works flawlessly in both. I have gone from mainly Spotify/Amazon in the R1T to Tidal. Tidal appears to be more stable and reliable then Amazon.
"Flawlessly" eh? Please post a video of you using Alexa to control Tidal in your R1T.

Several people have claimed it works, but all have been unable to provide the sauce.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
"Flawlessly" eh? Please post a video of you using Alexa to control Tidal in your R1T.

Several people have claimed it works, but all have been unable to provide the sauce.
Tidal is only working in very basic form at this point. Just like they did with Spotify, they will have to bring it up to full functionality over the next several months. It's not integrated with Alexa yet. The Recently Played is not synced to what you do in the vehicle, but is synced to what you do in other devices such as your phone. I haven't seen the curated features change much if at all. The formatting and layout still needs to be tweaked so that it's similar to Spotify is now. You can't add songs to a playlist like they added in Spotify.

So, the music is there, and it's at better quality, but they still have work to do to bring all the functionality it's capable of. It's currently at a state behind what Spotify was at launch on that front. They clearly just wanted to get it up there to show progress and provide a lossless native app/music catalog, even if it wasn't fully baked yet. Which is fine.

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired

I have only used Tidal from the screen. I have not tried with Alexa due to the overall instability of it. And yes, you are correct that it didn’t work properly when I tried it. However, Tidal is my current preferred music source (even without Alexa).

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have only used Tidal from the screen. I have not tried with Alexa due to the overall instability of it. And yes, you are correct that it didn’t work properly when I tried it. However, Tidal is my current preferred music source (even without Alexa).
I agree it sounds MUCH better than Spotify and I do use it whenever possible. But the touch UI is unsafe when driving, so the lack of any Alexa integration is frustrating.

It's a bit baffling why there is no Alexa support.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’ve been thinking this too! “Surprise, it was a max pack all along!”
We’re just so close now. My latest on 2022.47.0 before the additional depth of discharge got me 333 miles on 22s on the GOM. A recent trip netted me 320 of actual miles travelled at an average speed of 67mph. Oh and I started the drive when it was 39F out.

If the 21s are 5-10% more efficient, that projects to be 355 miles. I have to think/guess the DoD update would be at least 5% to be worthwhile to include in the notes, that would be nearly 375 miles. With 200hp less and less aggressive throttle mapping..400 miles is doable with the existing pack.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

I just hope this update provides some benefit to the stupid key fob and phone key. I shouldn't have to constantly pull out my fob and click a button to unlock an advanced EV made in 2022. My 2018 VW did a better job of this than the Rivian, it is beyond annoying.

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

We’re just so close now. My latest on 2022.47.0 before the additional depth of discharge got me 333 miles on 22s on the GOM. A recent trip netted me 320 of actual miles travelled at an average speed of 67mph. Oh and I started the drive when it was 39F out.

If the 21s are 5-10% more efficient, that projects to be 355 miles. I have to think/guess the DoD update would be at least 5% to be worthwhile to include in the notes, that would be nearly 375 miles. With 200hp less and less aggressive throttle mapping..400 miles is doable with the existing pack.
I have no clue why you get such high mileage. I get 270+ miles with 22"... Nowhere close to 320m you are putting out... And no. I don't drive like a maniac, and i drive mostly local under < 50 mph

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Air resistance doesn't go away with 200 less hp, neither does rolling resistance. We won't see 400 miles with the current pack unless it has a Lucid Air wrapped around it.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Tidal is only working in very basic form at this point. Just like they did with Spotify, they will have to bring it up to full functionality over the next several months. It's not integrated with Alexa yet. The Recently Played is not synced to what you do in the vehicle, but is synced to what you do in other devices such as your phone. I haven't seen the curated features change much if at all. The formatting and layout still needs to be tweaked so that it's similar to Spotify is now. You can't add songs to a playlist like they added in Spotify.

So, the music is there, and it's at better quality, but they still have work to do to bring all the functionality it's capable of. It's currently at a state behind what Spotify was at launch on that front. They clearly just wanted to get it up there to show progress and provide a lossless native app/music catalog, even if it wasn't fully baked yet. Which is fine.
My simple workaround is to send a playlist from my phone to the vehicle

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Air resistance doesn't go away with 200 less hp, neither does rolling resistance. We won't see 400 miles with the current pack unless it has a Lucid Air wrapped around it.
Nope, but lower power helps. It’s a part of the reason conserve mode works.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I have no clue why you get such high mileage. I get 270+ miles with 22"... Nowhere close to 320m you are putting out... And no. I don't drive like a maniac, and i drive mostly local under < 50 mph
It was a single trip, I get less if I’m doing normal driving that includes me mashing on the go pedal and the battery needing to warm up repeatedly. I’m normally around 2.14mi/kWh, which would be closer to 260 miles. If I would have slowed down, I likely could have gotten 340 out of it. I really look forward to doing this trip with 21 Aeros on and 55F to see how far I can push it.

I do like that flip of the switch to gain so much more range. It’s absurd and wonderful at the same time

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
It was a single trip, I get less if I’m doing normal driving that includes me mashing on the go pedal and the battery needing to warm up repeatedly. I’m normally around 2.14mi/kWh, which would be closer to 260 miles. If I would have slowed down, I likely could have gotten 340 out of it. I really look forward to doing this trip with 21 Aeros on and 55F to see how far I can push it.

I do like that flip of the switch to gain so much more range. It’s absurd and wonderful at the same time
I wish I was getting over 2 mi/kWh on 21s since I got the truck a month ago. I'm guessing it's because all my driving has been around town and it hasn't gotten above freezing here since I got the truck. And it's parked outside.
Sponsored