Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
These the same wheels? It’s so hard to tell lol
Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires 76236243-CD65-4199-8DEF-65011092A22F
Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires 6F1A0734-FED6-45BF-8752-1FBA9FA87B45

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Alright, likely a stupid question, but did those years of Rams come with a steel wheel spare? Wondering if those could be made to fit...

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
These the same wheels? It’s so hard to tell lol
76236243-CD65-4199-8DEF-65011092A22F.png
6F1A0734-FED6-45BF-8752-1FBA9FA87B45.png
I’m not 100% sure, but I think those are the wrong ones. If you read earlier in the thread it was described that the design is different where the spoke meets the rim. The squared ones like in post #62 are supposedly correct while the more rounded design of that area like those in your photos will not.

I say that not from experience, just following this topic.

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
operating engineer
You could be correct, I thought those were the same ones as the black painted ones posted above, but upon further look… I think you’re right those are wrong

why can’t Rivian just use normal wheels 😂

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
I’m not 100% sure, but I think those are the wrong ones. If you read earlier in the thread it was described that the design is different where the spoke meets the rim. The squared ones like in post #62 are supposedly correct while the more rounded design of that area like those in your photos will not.

I say that not from experience, just following this topic.
Those are different. Apparently they do not fit. (not speaking from experience). Those wheels are apparently too thick and hit the calipers.

For mine, I can confirm they fit. I test fitted both the front and back and they work.

FYI you also need these two items.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/...es=&returnUnitMappingId=&shipmentId=Msflmt8Jz
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09MK8J6VY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Those are different. Apparently they do not fit. (not speaking from experience). Those wheels are apparently too thick and hit the calipers.

For mine, I can confirm they fit. I test fitted both the front and back and they work.

FYI you also need these two items.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/...es=&returnUnitMappingId=&shipmentId=Msflmt8Jz
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09MK8J6VY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Thank you. Just to be clear, the more tapered, rounded design at the end of the spoke are the WRONG ones?

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
why can’t Rivian just use normal wheels 😂
Yeah, it's crazy. Seems like part of the passive-agressive strategy to keep us from modifying our R1s. Sigh. I'd be happy if I could just get them to sell me wheels and then let me select the size in a menu.

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
operating engineer
Maybe even if the factory rims were somewhat affordable, or maybe just sell us rims without tires? Or offer snows? I mean it’s crazy. The vehicle itself is expensive enough.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Maybe even if the factory rims were somewhat affordable, or maybe just sell us rims without tires? Or offer snows? I mean it’s crazy. The vehicle itself is expensive enough.
They sold me OEM 20" rims for ~$625 / each. You should reach out to your local Service Center / service advisor, guide, and/or customer support.

Could you buy cheaper? Maybe... but as you have found out the options with right offset and weight rating are VERY limited right now. And do you really want to monkey around trying to make an aftermarket wheel fit to save maybe ~$2-300/ wheel and risk a potential service issue on your brand new $80K vehicle, for which you might end up on the hook for, and for which there's very limited availability on replacement parts...

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
They sold me OEM 20" rims for ~$625 / each. You should reach out to your local Service Center / service advisor, guide, and/or customer support.

Could you buy cheaper? Maybe... but as you have found out the options with right offset and weight rating are VERY limited right now. And do you really want to monkey around trying to make an aftermarket wheel fit to save maybe ~$2-300/ wheel and risk a potential service issue on your brand new $80K vehicle, for which you might end up on the hook for, and for which there's very limited availability on replacement parts...
Yeah definitely can't argue with that mentality. The original person that got these used ram 1500 wheels was using them for off roading and wanted a set of wheels he doesn't care about! The offset of these are +18 so definitely has a different stance.
Sponsored