Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Welp... Ocean Coast has lots its bleached wood. (Per Rivian official Tweet)

Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos rivian_ocean1

Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos rivian_ocean2

Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos rivian_ocean3

Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos rivian_ocean4

I know some will prefer this, but to me, that was one of the biggest selling points of Ocean Coast.
Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
"Any customer can have a car [interior] painted any color that he wants, so long as it is black" - Henry Ford . . . and Rivian

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Yep I liked the lighter wood as well but this is at least better than the BM. Just a little sad i waited this whole time to not get what I wanted.

Sponsored

HarrySiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE; 2018 Chrysler Pac.
I like the black wood with OC SO much better. So much I actually may change to OC now. Really liking it.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Next person that takes pics of OC like this ought to have a white sheet of paper with them so we can see how close to white / gray the seats actually are.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The seats look more gray but WOW that steering wheel looks WHITE...

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

The seats look more gray but WOW that steering wheel looks WHITE...
You can tell the white balance is off on all the images. Just take a look at the screen and see how yellowish it is.

The OC is pale light gray.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

You can tell the white balance is off on all the images. Just take a look at the screen and see how yellowish it is.

The OC is pale light gray.
From what I recall the screen color is off in real life.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I’m starting to think of the new OC as Ocean Contrast. I like the pale gray (almost white) upholstery and headliner, but to my eye on screen it almost looks harsh because of the severity of the contrast. The black speaker grills add to the effect in even more places and I wish they’d make the speaker grills the same satin silver as the door pulls and use them in all colors to simplify stock.

I think the lighter wood of original OC helped soften the transition from the very light pale gray to the almost black charcoal of the common pieces of the interior.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
Ocean Coast is going to be the most challenging interior to maintain due to all the stitching and perforation in the light colored seats. Wiping any dirt or grease will likely result in it visibly getting wedged in these crevices and may be tricky to remove with regular cleaning methods. I expect treating the seats with a ceramic product would help, but I personally have some health concerns about dousing a hot passenger cabin with chemicals that get more or less zero safety oversight. Obviously the black and green seats will have the same issues, but should be less visible. For us, the speaker grills and ultra white steering wheel are a minor annoyance that just tip the scale into not liking it enough to deal with the added risk / effort. Will likely be going for FE instead, which now feels worth it due to the brown wood.

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Ocean Coast is going to be the most challenging interior to maintain due to all the stitching and perforation in the light colored seats. Wiping any dirt or grease will likely result in it visibly getting wedged in these crevices and may be tricky to remove with regular cleaning methods. I expect treating the seats with a ceramic product would help, but I personally have some health concerns about dousing a hot passenger cabin with chemicals that get more or less zero safety oversight. Obviously the black and green seats will have the same issues, but should be less visible. For us, the speaker grills and ultra white steering wheel are a minor annoyance that just tip the scale into not liking it enough to deal with the added risk / effort. Will likely be going for FE instead, which now feels worth it due to the brown wood.
Would you ever buy the white interior in the Tesla?

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
Would you ever buy the white interior in the Tesla?
The white in the 3 and Y are relatively easy to maintain because they aren't perforated and have no stitching. Also the seats are SO bright, that they match the white plastic trim really well.
Sponsored