Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

The white in the 3 and Y are relatively easy to maintain because they aren't perforated and have no stitching. Also the seats are SO bright, that they match the white plastic trim really well.
They would have a worse problem with things in the crevasses though because they are such a bright white right? Also I think the white Tesla interior is the only option in my book I love it.
Sponsored

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
They would have a worse problem with things in the crevasses though because they are such a bright white right? Also I think the white Tesla interior is the only option in my book I love it.
You can get a cleaning cloth into the few seat creases, and most of the seat is smooth and easy to clean. Seats with perforation and extensive light colored stitching will be much harder.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I love the white interior in our Tesla.
Despite having a 3.5yo who steps everywhere, it is really easy to keep clean.
Rivian should do OC with black headliner and that’d make it perfect for me (especially if they were to bring back the original wood color).

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I love the white interior in our Tesla.
Despite having a 3.5yo who steps everywhere, it is really easy to keep clean.
Rivian should do OC with black headliner and that’d make it perfect for me (especially if they were to bring back the original wood color).
I keep seeing comments on keeping production simple, but at this price point, I'd love to see a la carte pricing for seat color, wood color and headliner color and allow you to mix and match as desired.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I keep seeing comments on keeping production simple, but at this price point, I'd love to see a la carte pricing for seat color, wood color and headliner color and allow you to mix and match as desired.
I’d be down with this but I doubt they’ll go that route. 🤞

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Ocean Coast is going to be the most challenging interior to maintain due to all the stitching and perforation in the light colored seats. Wiping any dirt or grease will likely result in it visibly getting wedged in these crevices and may be tricky to remove with regular cleaning methods. I expect treating the seats with a ceramic product would help, but I personally have some health concerns about dousing a hot passenger cabin with chemicals that get more or less zero safety oversight. Obviously the black and green seats will have the same issues, but should be less visible. For us, the speaker grills and ultra white steering wheel are a minor annoyance that just tip the scale into not liking it enough to deal with the added risk / effort. Will likely be going for FE instead, which now feels worth it due to the brown wood.
My wife has seats very similar to ocean coast in her kia (light gray) and they have held up great. No issues. 2 years in, and not a single issue.

However, if you have kids that spill a bunch/ eat in your car/ very messy dogs, perhaps this is not for you. If your car is generally clean and you rarely have any major issues when you need to clean the interior, then you should have no issues maintaining this.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
White/white is gorgeous! My kids and dogs would change that in a hurry though :swear:

wilsmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
It finally happened friends!!!

Sponsored

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2022 Wrangler 4xE, R1S (order)
Stopped by the Chicago service center today and nearly half of the trucks in the lot were OC.

White on OC and limestone on OC with dark wheels were the best combos hands down IMO.

I really wanted to pick a “fun” color for my R1S but I left the lot thoroughly disappointed in blue and FG. LG is really nice though.

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2022 Wrangler 4xE, R1S (order)
Next person that takes pics of OC like this ought to have a white sheet of paper with them so we can see how close to white / gray the seats actually are.
Saw OC in person today.

Much closer to white than gray. FE on the other hand is much more gray than green, which surprised me.

It’s definitely a very white shade of light light gray. Best way I can describe it. I didn’t look at it and go “oh that’s a light gray interior”. My reaction was “fuck that white interior is sexy”.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

If anyone comes across some photos of Launch green and OC - please post. I'm trying to convince myself it will look good but just don't know until I see a visual.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S OCEAN COAST Rivian Interior Photos FA0ED596-D3F1-461B-BB03-A13F11B1ABCA
It’s amazing I love it!