Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
It does mess with your mind to watch others go from guide contact --> PBA --> delivery in a matter of a week. I've been waiting for a PBA for 45 days now; I've been googling how to read tea leaves for answers to pass the time. Hard to come down after the initial guide contact high.

I think @JEV is close to that as well.

Hopefully you aren't waiting as long as us.

1650567118750.png
Yeah the inconsistency is hard. I locked and had my Guide call on 3/14 so I'm basically a week behind you. Just trying to let go of expectations and let "I'll hear from them when I hear from them" be my mantra - but seeing April/May folks starting to fulfill when I have no PBA and the Bellevue SC is chock full of my config is kinda odd.

My Guide is has been out of the office for a week (returning Tuesday) so I'm hoping something got kicked loose while she was out. We'll see! It has taken some willpower not to pester her backup while she's out :)
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Nevermind! Check your email, @Northish !

Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 1650570108220

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It does mess with your mind to watch others go from guide contact --> PBA --> delivery in a matter of a week. I've been waiting for a PBA for 45 days now; I've been googling how to read tea leaves for answers to pass the time. Hard to come down after the initial guide contact high.

I think @JEV is close to that as well.

Hopefully you aren't waiting as long as us.

1650567118750.png
If you opted for the black wheels, we have the same configuration here in MN. I hope its just a miss by Rivian vs lack of deliveries here in town. It seems like other centers are getting trucks in while its been silent here since April 1...

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well as soon as I posted, my PBA got sent. Seems like they are getting quite a bit out today as far as guides and PBA's!

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Keep us posted and good luck.
They seem to be very inconsistent with how the process is handled. My first guide contact was back on March 10 and I still haven't received the PBA. I asked my guide about it and he said they would send the PBA when the VIN is assigned. That is opposite from what everyone is reporting here.
I had changed from FE to BM in order to get it faster. Now that we hear rumors of FE in production, I suspect that they are waiting to send the PBA, so I have the option of switching back to FE if one becomes available. I let him know I would be happy with either one, just get me a truck.
I stopped by the Rivian Service center today in Bellevue Wa. and a tech told me that they just had an FE come through for delivery!!!

Sponsored

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
I stopped by the Rivian Service center today in Bellevue Wa. and a tech told me that they just had an FE come through for delivery!!!

That's encouraging ! I hope my guide is working to secure one for me. I live just an hour from the factory.

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010, Focus RS
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
Well as soon as I posted, my PBA got sent. Seems like they are getting quite a bit out today as far as guides and PBA's!
Both you guys!!! SRSLY!?! Talk about timing! Perhaps your guides saw your fresh posts about not having a PBA yet, haha.

No PBA for me yet but there's always tomorrow. Both of you PO'd earlier than me so I can accept that. Please check in as your process progresses so I can live vicariously. Hoping you have tangible trucks in a few weeks or less.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
For those of you who have guides assigned, what have you found to be the best / quickest method? Email, SMS, phone?

Have they been more responsive using one method over another?

Thanks!

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
For those of you who have guides assigned, what have you found to be the best / quickest method? Email, SMS, phone?

Thanks!
My guide said email was best...but have yet to reach out after my initial call

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor

Thanks!
I reached out with all three and received nothing back until I received the email to schedule call. My guide then gave me his personal cell for texting. That has worked.

Still waiting for my PBA…. We are going to connect today at noon if I don’t have it.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Thanks!
Email generally works best, and has better visibility within the company. The 'SMS' contact on the site is still through their corporate network.

That said, I have been with my Guide for more than 10 months, so I have his personal contact info and use that almost exclusively.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Product Executive
Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first post. I’ve had some recent movement, thought I’d summarize here.
- July 2019 R1S preorder
- changed to R1T just before configurator opened
- my current spec is LE R1T/BM/21/LG
- I have changed my spec (interior color, wheels) *dozens* of times in the past several months
- was March/April window as of Nov last year
- received generic email about meeting my guide last Friday
- got contacted Sunday. Call was yesterday.
- signed PBM yesterday
- waiting on 8-step/VIN

my guide said he is first looking for a truck in my spec at a SC. Then on the line. I told him I’m flexible but he said everything I’ve spec’d he’s seen on the line. I’ll be picking up at the normal plant.

finally… he said he’s seen BM and FE on the line. No OC.
Update:
- got notified of up 8-steps this morning
- while I was going through the steps, my RG called me to say that "my" truck is sitting at a service center in Brooklyn. Will get on a flatbed to the Chicago SC then driven directly to me, as I'm less than 30mi from it
- RG also said my charger delivery should be triggered soon
- Summary: email -->intro call 1 day. Call--->PBA *minutes*. PBA--->8 steps/VIN 4 days. VIN--->Delivery ???
- looks like they'll make my delivery window after all!

Grant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
Occupation
Construction Manager
Update:
- got notified of up 8-steps this morning
- while I was going through the steps, my RG called me to say that "my" truck is sitting at a service center in Brooklyn. Will get on a flatbed to the Chicago SC then driven directly to me, as I'm less than 30mi from it
- RG also said my charger delivery should be triggered soon
- Summary: email -->intro call 1 day. Call--->PBA *minutes*. PBA--->8 steps/VIN 4 days. VIN--->Delivery ???
- looks like they'll make my delivery window after all!
Super excited for you! I'm curious what changed from taking delivery in Normal to needing to haul it from Brooklyn back to Illinois. I'm hoping to drive down to Normal for pickup myself.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor

1650570108220.png
Oh I want one so bad... Had my Guide call Wednesday and he thought I should have my PBA by now. Did a follow up call today, says I should have it by the end of the day. I'm dying here.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
starting to fulfill when I have no PBA and the Bellevue SC is chock full of my config is kinda odd.
Yeah, that's the weird thing. My person guess is several of the truck's are waiting for a part after failing a QC check.

Or they just take their time delivering them. Lol.
Sponsored