• Total voters

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
From my persepective, the experience will vary with the different guides. When purchasing our R1T, I had 2 guides during the process. I was passed from one to another during the purchasing process. It actually worked to my benefit as the latter guilde was much helpful and proactive. However, you do have to be your own advocate as the 'online purchase' process does require you to do a lot and a lot of assumptions are made during the process.

After the purchase, you will then be assigned a vehicle sales associate from your local service center that will complete the documentation for the transfer of the vehicle. This will be the same person that does the first walkthrough the vehicle with you. This IS NOT the same guide you worked with initially. After that, you will deal with another service representative from your local service center for any other service/warranty related issues.

Any calls made to Rivian in general is answered through a call center and I don't recall ever getting the same person when calling for service. That's another group that doesn't seem to have all their processes in order as they have to convey your issues to your local service center representative. Ususally it's a game of 'telephone'.

Just my $.02.
Sponsored

Cruncher2504

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Mine has been unresponsive since I was first assigned to her. No communication whatsoever when I was assigned a VIN. Heck, the delivery guy at the SC was more responsive and reached out to schedule pickup before the guide said a word. I had to constantly attempt to contact my guide to get answers as delivery day was approaching and so many things I needed clarification on. After delivery day, well so far I'm still waiting for answer on a message I sent a month ago. Lol

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Brings me to the question.. Once I actually take delivery how big of a roll does the guide play? Is he forever attached to the vehicle and my point of contact if and when I have any issues?
If your issues are service related, your guide is simply going to tell you to contact service.

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
Mine has been unresponsive since I was first assigned to her. No communication whatsoever when I was assigned a VIN. Heck, the delivery guy at the SC was more responsive and reached out to schedule pickup before the guide said a word. I had to constantly attempt to contact my guide to get answers as delivery day was approaching and so many things I needed clarification on. After delivery day, well so far I'm still waiting for answer on a message I sent a month ago. Lol
Good to hear that it isn't just me.... feel like getting information is a burden... sorry to hear of your experience but you aren't alone..

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
Mine was terrible. Seemed like a soccer mommy who had no knowledge of automobiles and no training in customer service. Nice enough, though. Just not very effective.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

my first guide was awesome. responsive, friendly, and worked hard to help me. She left Rivian and I got handed over to a new guide who was the opposite. once you do take delivery though, the guide is not necessary really. you'll be working with the service center folks and service call center mainly after you have your vehicle.

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
From my persepective, the experience will vary with the different guides. When purchasing our R1T, I had 2 guides during the process. I was passed from one to another during the purchasing process. It actually worked to my benefit as the latter guilde was much helpful and proactive. However, you do have to be your own advocate as the 'online purchase' process does require you to do a lot and a lot of assumptions are made during the process.

After the purchase, you will then be assigned a vehicle sales associate from your local service center that will complete the documentation for the transfer of the vehicle. This will be the same person that does the first walkthrough the vehicle with you. This IS NOT the same guide you worked with initially. After that, you will deal with another service representative from your local service center for any other service/warranty related issues.

Any calls made to Rivian in general is answered through a call center and I don't recall ever getting the same person when calling for service. That's another group that doesn't seem to have all their processes in order as they have to convey your issues to your local service center representative. Ususally it's a game of 'telephone'.

Just my $.02.

Again, good to hear.. guess I'm kinda old school and think the customer should always be informed.. good, bad indifferent... let the customer decide that but communication is key...

I'm pretty relentless and sure just a pain as I ask over and over till I get an answer. If it isn't the answer I wanna hear... well so be it... but at least I heard it..

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
Well this is a double edged sword, As a share holder and wanting the company to be profitable, I want them to be efficient and not over staff.

But as a customer I want to ensure there is appropriate customer service and the service centers are staffed so repairs that are needed are handled in a timely manner. Us the early adopters are going to be evangelists for the brand. bad experiences get a lot of the headlines and what we see. I will say I have gone back and forth thinking I am crazy to be an early adopter to Thrilled to be an early adopter. Its frustrating to see posts about long service waits, and ultra long customer service wait times, but that is the growing pains, if they have one guide per owner and enough phone agents to respond in minutes the costs would be astronomical.

I have owned 3 Tesla's my first was a 2016 Model S and it was before the Model 3 was released, service was amazing, I could get in almost same day and have a model S loaner every time. Then I got my 2018 Model 3 for the first 6 months the service was really good still, when they hit volume on the model 3's it changed, now with my current model three it has become pretty good, they have achieved the balance or right sized the service centers. I am sure we will see the same growing pains over the next 2-3 years.

We have to all remember that they are working very hard to make the company profitable and position it for long term sustainability. Every interaction I have had with customer service has been fantastic, I feel they have a great staff, and I am sure its growing. As far as guides go I will say the contact has been a little lacking, but if you think about whats going on in the past 6 months to year it is understandable, last year this time they were delivering a couple thousand vehicles now they are delivering 10,000 per quarter, that huge growth and even as they ramp guides it takes a bit for them to learn the process and become good.

I am really excited to be taking delivery in a week, I believe in the company and want it to be successful long term, I am sure they are looking at how to scale responsibly.

That's Just my $0.02

jimmyb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Express AWD, Lexus RX450h, Rivian R1S
I could not have asked for a better guide than Britney. She did an excellent job helping me thru the purchase of my R1S. I am generally not an easy customer due to all the questions, follow-up questions, and follow-follow-up questions I ask. Britney was extremely patient with me, and answered everything to my satisfaction.

At one point I had a problem after the vehicle I selected in the R1 Shop sort of "disappeared". Hard to explain, but the vehicle somehow became "unavailable" to me. Within a couple hours after I contacted Britney about the problem she found another vehicle for me identical to the one I had selected.

I think she deserves a bonus or an extra paid day off. She is an excellent guide.
Sponsored