First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van
Occupation
Franchise owner
Texted my guide about 6 times over the last 3 months in which every response says he is out of the office. I finally purchase my Rivian R1T on the R1 shop and had plans on picking it up in Illinois. I called my guide and left messages several times telling him my request. No response.. 6 days later I call customer support and the notify they have shipped my Truck via train and it will be 6-8 weeks in transit to UTAH. I had plans to use my truck in March.. now Im a little pissed my guide never responded to any of my text/calls and still haven't heard from him to date. Also went with Rivian insurance and it's already kicked in... so Im paying for like 2 months of insurance on a vehicle I don't have. Anyone else get a useless guide?
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
My guide was excellent between gaining R1T Shop access and taking factory delivery... haven't communicated with her since taking delivery. I've just called the service number for post-delivery service issues with mostly positive experience from them - despite three service center visits in 4.5 months.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Mine and I text a couple of time a week on average. Usually, but not always, about Rivian.

Sometimes we just chat about his kid's sports or about how interesting and varied New Mexico is vs Normal, Illinois.

edit: he was surprised I didn't mention the tonneau, our number one conversation. :)
So...Tonneau, Car Play, RAN network in White Sands/Trinity Site area are the three things I bug him the most about. Also that Rivian can open Sales and Service in New Mexico, but only on Pueblo land, so I let him know which pueblos would be best. Oh, and that Rivian should make a partnership with Subaru...similar lifestyle vehicles, but Subaru has no truck...and it would be good press in tough times.

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I voted stellar but my guess is my expectations were more in line with their capabilities.

Initial contact was good, was able to answer my questions. Once the initial vehicle assignment was pulled for failed QC and I was put back in the queue he was good about giving me options and was able to assign the configuration I wanted. He was also able to help get me a factory delivery.

Post delivery he has followed up and been able to help with a couple of things I needed.

I think they are all overloaded so your guide experience will probably be more related to your own expectations of them than their actual service.

NoRambo4u

First Name
No
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It's been 12 days since I first contacted my guide to process an owner transfer. I've emailed twice since then. I've called support 3 times now and told them my guide has never responded to any of my emails. I called support again tonight asking to have a new guide assigned and they just read off the script "the guides are assigned to the vehicle" I requested a supervisor to call me back.. 12-48 hours is what they quoted me.

What an insult to the customer. Of course a new guide can be assigned. Of course someone in that Fing company besides this single-point-of-failure can process the owner transfer. What a s-show.

One of their board members is also on my board. If this isn't resolved in the next two days, i'll be making a very different phone call.

Sponsored

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I feel really lucky. My guide has been prompt, thoughtful, and helpful. I have zero complaints.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
One of their board members is also on my board. If this isn't resolved in the next two days, i'll be making a very different phone call.
DYKWIA vibes

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Texted my guide about 6 times over the last 3 months in which every response says he is out of the office. I finally purchase my Rivian R1T on the R1 shop and had plans on picking it up in Illinois. I called my guide and left messages several times telling him my request. No response.. 6 days later I call customer support and the notify they have shipped my Truck via train and it will be 6-8 weeks in transit to UTAH. I had plans to use my truck in March.. now Im a little pissed my guide never responded to any of my text/calls and still haven't heard from him to date. Also went with Rivian insurance and it's already kicked in... so Im paying for like 2 months of insurance on a vehicle I don't have. Anyone else get a useless guide?
I feel like I've won the lottery because I went from a horrible guide to a wonderfully responsive guide that has changed my experience. I think my original guide was laid off a few months ago in the 6% layoffs and while I certainly don't want that to happen to anyone, Elliott G has been a godsend and super helpful since being assigned to him.

Byulasfjazz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van
Occupation
Franchise owner
I feel like I've won the lottery because I went from a horrible guide to a wonderfully responsive guide that has changed my experience. I think my original guide was laid off a few months ago in the 6% layoffs and while I certainly don't want that to happen to anyone, Elliott G has been a godsend and super helpful since being assigned to him.
Im stuck with some guy named Delfin. It’s very likely I may never actually speak with him.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It's been 12 days since I first contacted my guide to process an owner transfer. I've emailed twice since then. I've called support 3 times now and told them my guide has never responded to any of my emails. I called support again tonight asking to have a new guide assigned and they just read off the script "the guides are assigned to the vehicle" I requested a supervisor to call me back.. 12-48 hours is what they quoted me.

What an insult to the customer. Of course a new guide can be assigned. Of course someone in that Fing company besides this single-point-of-failure can process the owner transfer. What a s-show.

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
Im stuck with some guy named Delfin. It’s very likely I may never actually speak with him.
I have the same guide and was informed 2 days ago that he will be out for a while without further details. I have received assistance from his team members or have contacted cs. I am taking delivery on 02/25/23.
Hope this helps,
tren01t

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I've read more than a few posts that mentioned in the context of the given post that the guide was unhelpful and unresponsive.

The guide is a sales person. Their one purpose is to guide the customer through the sales "close" to get the money paid. Some seem more energetic and competent, some appear to have "quiet quit" their job.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Rivian is a publicly traded company, not a hippie commune. The shareholders expect them to have a NPS and care about it.
good luck with that. I'm sure NPS and the satisfaction of a flipper is RJ's biggest concern.