Windows Calibration

DMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
After the latest update (2022.31.5) I was anxious to try out the new window control. When I initially brought up the control application I was greeted by a the "Vent Windows" being grayed out. When you clicked on the grayed out option it said "Window Calibration needed, Contact service". I did and a couple of days later (it was a holiday weekend, and this certainly was not an emergency) a friendly service tech contacted me and solved the problem for me. I figured that I would pass along the "Windows Calibration Process". I did not find it when I was searching for it, so wanted to make this an obvious thread.

The Windows Calibration is simple, you hit the window down button and roll the window all the way down and keep holding the down button for an additional 5 seconds after it has gone all the way to the bottom. You then press the window up button until the window rolls all the way up and hold it for an additional 5 seconds once it is up. This process calibrates THAT window. In my case I needed to calibrate each window from the actual door of the window, so the above process was repeated on each door. I was told that you can NOT do this for all windows from the drivers door, you need to go to each door to calibrate that window, but I did not verify that. YMMV

Hope someone find this helpful..

Mark
Sponsored

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Your are awesome! I had this problem after my rear passenger window freaked out. I just did the calibration process you outlined on that one window and immediately my greyed out close window option became a vent windows option in the app.

So nice to have these forums with great members to post solutions. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
My "Vent Windows" button in the mobile app has been offline for about a week now. Shows only "Close Windows" button highlighted, whether the windows are open or closed. Tapping the button shows, "Connecting...", "Closing...", will close the windows if open, wait a little bit, and then say "Couldn't close" with a red triangle on the button.

I tried force-quitting the app and rebooting the truck's displays. Did not work. Service asked me to reboot the truck. Did that, did not work. Service asked me to uninstall and re-install the app. Did not work. Service asked if I had recalibrated the windows; I said I hadn't, and did not know how to. Service decided not to have me do that, but instead to reboot the truck again...and then before I did that checked with a manager and said that it's a known issue that will be addressed in the next OTA.

I'm going to go try these instructions and see if they help.
Edit: Performing windows calibration did not help my particular issue.

Last edited:

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
My "Vent Windows" button in the mobile app has been offline for about a week now. Shows only "Close Windows" button highlighted, whether the windows are open or closed. Tapping the button shows, "Connecting...", "Closing...", will close the windows if open, wait a little bit, and then say "Couldn't close" with a red triangle on the button.

I tried force-quitting the app and rebooting the truck's displays. Did not work. Service asked me to reboot the truck. Did that, did not work. Service asked me to uninstall and re-install the app. Did not work. Service asked if I had recalibrated the windows; I said I hadn't, and did not know how to. Service decided not to have me do that, but instead to reboot the truck again...and then before I did that checked with a manager and said that it's a known issue that will be addressed in the next OTA.

I'm going to go try these instructions and see if they help.
Edit: Performing windows calibration did not help my particular issue.
I have this exact same issue. Hopefully the next OTA update does indeed solve the issue.

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, White, Forest Edge, 22” Brights
Occupation
Mechanical, Engineering, Technician for Navy (Undersea Warfare)Retired
After the latest update (2022.31.5) I was anxious to try out the new window control. When I initially brought up the control application I was greeted by a the "Vent Windows" being grayed out. When you clicked on the grayed out option it said "Window Calibration needed, Contact service". I did and a couple of days later (it was a holiday weekend, and this certainly was not an emergency) a friendly service tech contacted me and solved the problem for me. I figured that I would pass along the "Windows Calibration Process". I did not find it when I was searching for it, so wanted to make this an obvious thread.

The Windows Calibration is simple, you hit the window down button and roll the window all the way down and keep holding the down button for an additional 5 seconds after it has gone all the way to the bottom. You then press the window up button until the window rolls all the way up and hold it for an additional 5 seconds once it is up. This process calibrates THAT window. In my case I needed to calibrate each window from the actual door of the window, so the above process was repeated on each door. I was told that you can NOT do this for all windows from the drivers door, you need to go to each door to calibrate that window, but I did not verify that. YMMV

Hope someone find this helpful..

Mark
Same here, same issue for 1 week since delivery.
I‘m assuming my phone needs to be nearby. I’m going to try it right now.
Didn’t work.
Does the Rivian have to be configured in any special way? My truck was charging at the time.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
For me...doors have to be unlocked for it to work.

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Good info if I run into that one.

I had a different window issue - which was also resolved by the recalibration.

One of my windows would not auto-up all the way. It would stop 3/4 of the way up. I would have to roll the window all the way down then "manually" roll it up. Sometimes it would take a couple of tries and then it would roll all the way up.

If it helps, when I did it, pushing the window button all the way down ( past the click ) did not work.

To callibrate. I had to push down first, before the click
until the window was all the way down, then held in that position for 5 seconds. Then released completely, and did the same in the upward direction.

Of note, on the upward motion, the window stopped at the same 3/4 spot at first. I had to release then rehold up until it closed and help in that position for 5 seconds.

After that, window up/downs all the way with the manual as well as auto.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Same here, same issue for 1 week since delivery.
I‘m assuming my phone needs to be nearby. I’m going to try it right now.
Didn’t work.
Does the Rivian have to be configured in any special way? My truck was charging at the time.
For me...doors have to be unlocked for it to work.
I had the doors open when I tried to calibrate.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I had the doors open when I tried to calibrate.
Oh, I meant to get the “Vent windows” feature to work. Not sure if that’s a bug.

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Oh, I meant to get the “Vent windows” feature to work. Not sure if that’s a bug.
Why are ppl calling it vent windows? You using the word “vent“ as a noun or a verb?
To me they are side windows or door windows. Vent windows suggest a small window like they had back in the day in the corners. If this is a dum question let me have it, I can take it.
We are talking about the R1T right?
Anyway I can’t get them to work from the app. I did do everything suggest. Oh, my greyed out button now says “vent windows“ instead of ”Close or Open windows like it said before, I forget which.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Why are ppl calling it vent windows? You using the word “vent“ as a noun or a verb?
To me they are side windows or door windows. Vent windows suggest a small window like they had back in the day in the corners. If this is a dum question let me have it, I can take it.
We are talking about the R1T right?
Anyway I can’t get them to work from the app. I did do everything suggest. Oh, my greyed out button now says “vent windows“ instead of ”Close or Open windows like it said before, I forget which.
It literally means “vent” as a verb in the app.

archiboy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
architect
If it helps, when I did it, pushing the window button all the way down ( past the click ) did not work.
I've had the window rolling back down to the 66% closed position problem twice. First time required a service tech laptop connection to the ODB port and full recalibration to windows and seats. I've now had this condition a 2nd time and it's been a couple months. I've got a mobile repair scheduled for this coming week. But using this method today got me as close as I've been to fixing the issue. The window will close all the way and allow me to hold the rocker switch in the up position for a full 10 or 12 seconds. Both after holding the rocker (pre-dent click) down for 10 or 12 seconds and returning the window to closed flashed a screen (happened too fast to read). I thought I might be onto something... but alas nope: I video'd the process and did a screen capture of the single frame. Basically it's telling me what I already know. I'm not gonna cancel my mobile appointment.

Rivian R1T R1S Windows Calibration calibration
Sponsored