Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I just know that at 70 it’s a loud whistling noise…I have to look at the dash to know I’m not driving a 1970s Ford truck with vent windows. $80k trucks shouldn't be doing this BS.
Ditto!
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Mine is like an ant pissing on cotton. It’s significantly quieter than my Audi with privacy glass. So much so that every time I drive that Audi now, which has become my wife’s car, for the first few minutes I think a window is open or the engine is half broken.

I keep my radio at really low volume in the Rivian as well and can hear it really well. My Audi isn’t just broken either, because that car is significantly quieter than the car I had before it. Looking at my roof panels though there are no gaps and all the pieces are perfectly aligned.

At least that means Rivian has a really quiet design. I think they have gotten better production wise as most of the people talking about wind noise have an early one. My VIN is in the 12’s.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I submitted the ticket and talked to service rep SEVERAL times. They said it's normal and refused to address it.

I guess your mileage may vary depending on who you talk to. I am at Atalnta Service center.
Ditto for my R1T at the Atlanta SC several months ago. "They are all like this. It's a truck!" Ready to try the painter's tape around the triangular windows and see if can make it stop. If so, silicone caulk??

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
Has anyone had major wind noise to the point of annoyance? I'm not sure where it is coming from but anytime I'm over 45mph it is like I'm in Wyoming. It's either the windshield and/or both door A pillar seals. I've put in a service request. We'll see what happens.
One tech told me there have been issues with the weatherstrip by the small fixed glass on front doors. Mine however seems to be from 1/2 way and up on the angle part of the glass. Is on the ticket for Dec 1 repair, will advise if they have a trick beyond gluing it shut.

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Ditto for my R1T at the Atlanta SC several months ago. "They are all like this. It's a truck!" Ready to try the painter's tape around the triangular windows and see if can make it stop. If so, silicone caulk??
My satisfaction with Rivian R1T would be 10/10 if it wasn't for the wind noise.. :-(

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
My R1T has been great so far regarding noise in this area. I incur zero wind noise at city or highway speeds🤞

Something has to be abnormal as the R1T was designed and validated not to make wind noise under normal operating conditions.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My R1T has been great so far regarding noise in this area. I incur zero wind noise at city or highway speeds🤞

Something has to be abnormal as the R1T was designed and validated not to make wind noise under normal operating conditions.
Just rub it in why don't cha! JK. I hope to get it resolved one day...

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I will rub it in even more. My R1T has zero squeaks or rattles😁

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
😄😄😄

Rexbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Opened my passenger window for the first time today and now getting a crazy whistle as described in this thread. Good times, submitting ticket today. Bummer.

Delivered with dents, tonneau cover broken after return from dent fix, a rattle in the back seat assembly, now this. So far so good on getting things fixed, hope that doesn't taper off.

Edit: on further investigation the passenger window has excess friction on closing, and just can't make the last quarter inch of travel to fully engage with the window seal. Assisting it manually helps to close the gap but not fully so maybe it's just an adjustment issue.

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

This actually makes it worse. If it was consistent then that means it's by design. If some are whisper quiet it proves they're inconsistent and there is an issue...but Rivian doesn't want to address it.

Mine FWIW sounds like I'm in a constant high wind situation. I find myself looking at the trees to see if it's as windy as it sounds.

Running my hands around the seals has also been an every day occurrence as I swear there's a leak. There definitely isn't one on the drivers side and drivers+ doesn't like when I try to see if there's one on the other windows.

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
“Mine FWIW sounds like I'm in a constant high wind situation. I find myself looking at the trees to see if it's as windy as it sounds.”
Could not agree more with the above statement. From day one my S has had wind noise that I would not have expected from a vehicle at this price point. Kicks in at VERY low speeds, 30 MPH or so. Add some actual external wind and ………
Sponsored