Sponsored

Why doesn't Rivian badge the Quad?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Rivian might be creating different badging for the dual motor... problem solved.
Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I've never been a fan of badge overload. Would be too much going on if they added another one in the rear IMO.
Same, I'll probably strip some of the lettering as well when I do PPF.

Besides, I'm not really sure I want people to know that I've ordered a

R1SQMPLBP7S3RKAM

*lets see if you can figure that one out forums*

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
My Ocean Coast has the "black speakers" badge, so there are at least some proxies available for Quad. :p
Kind of glad my OC has the silver/nickel, not gonna lie.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Rivian have enough on their plate as it is. I'd rather they deliver more important things than some badges.
This guy owns stock

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I don't care about advertising to others whether I have quad or dual, and the UI will tell you which it is so there is a way to see it within the truck. I'll pass, thanks.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

If Porsche can distinguish their Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo from their Taycan 4 Cross Turismo with their rear badges then Rivian can definitely do an R1T and R1T Quad. All manufacturers do badges across their entire model lines.
At least Porsche allows you to customize how the badging looks. Want it black, go for it. Want your 911 to just say 911 instead of 911 Carrera 4S, you can do that. Want no badging at all except for PORSCHE...knock yourself out. Want your badging to be body colored, you can do that too!

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

At least Porsche allows you to customize how the badging looks. Want it black, go for it. Want your 911 to just say 911 instead of 911 Carrera 4S, you can do that. Want no badging at all except for PORSCHE...knock yourself out. Want your badging to be body colored, you can do that too!
Porsche is happy to pick your wallet with a deep list of customizations. Want the porsche crest embossed into your headrest? Thereā€™s an option for that.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Speaking of adding badges, has anyone removed both the R I V I A N and R1T/S from the tailgate? If so, is it easy to get rid of?

These badges are right there with those vanity plates that read something like "MY RIVN", or "RIVN JOE".... We all know what we drive, don't we??? I would never mistake any truck with a SUV or vise-versa.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Iā€™ve never understood the need to advertise to others all the features bolted on to oneā€™s vehicle. Less (or none) is best.
How about all those badges advertising engine size that GM and Dodge used to to. It was especially funny when they got the small engine. :p