Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Yes, please be disgruntled & cancel.

As long as you made your reservation before mine...

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I put in my preorder for the R1S on December 13, 2018! So hopefully I’m pretty far up the list haha

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I guess we have run out of anything constructive, Time for a hiatus?

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Except for the huge stock market meltdown and how that affects preorders and the likelihood of carrying through on preorders. Rivian vehicles are expensive and with a drastic drop in markets, preorders should slow down and some folks won't carry through on preorders. Presumably this also affects the timing and scale of Rivian's production plans. A giant monkey wrench in the works.

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Feb 21, 2019 :-D, but from other discussions, it seems what you configure, once the software is released, will set your true space in line. Meaning that they have said the first productions will be the larger batteries, with certain options, etc. So if you choose something else, you could move forward or behind... at least that is how it read to me...

JackA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Pluginncw.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - Reservation/Deposit R1S
11/29/2018 - The configuration selected will for sure be the determiner of the actual production sequence number; however, I do suspect that the date of pre-order will determine when you are given access to the "design studio" or what ever the call their actual build and order system. It was like that with our Tesla Model S. We were early reservation holders with $5,000 on deposit but because we did not add air suspension our delivery date fell a few months behind what we could have gotten if we had added that option.

Dustin Bauer

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB ML 350
12/27/18 for me... I struggled to pull the trigger for a couple weeks. Now I look back and wonder why?! These vehicles are game changers.

p.s. Plans for my new license plate for my R1T is "GMCHNGR".

Sponsored

JARunning

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1992 Toyota Pickup, 2017 Chevrolet SS
Occupation
IT
New to this forum just now, but I pre-ordered an R1T in late November 2019.
(was always very much leaning toward Rivian, but Tesla's Cybertruck reveal sealed the deal)

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T
Occupation
Physician
Just stumbled on this forum.... I ordered my R1T 2/12/19 (Happy Valentines Day?) and the R1S 12/25/19 (Merry Christmas?) I guess I really need to stay away from the inter web during special days. So exactly how does this extrapolate to our projected deliveries? I would think that vehicle content may be a bigger factor.

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
a few weeks ago. I can't remember the exact date. I wish I had put down my deposit earlier as I have been following Rivian for 2 years or so?? They were always a thought, but once the shelter in place happened and the traditional car manufacturers started to offer discounts and incentives I decided to test drive a few new trucks. Needless to say, I didn't care for any of their offerings and disliked the dealership experience even more. That made up my mind that Rivian was the right choice for me and placed my deposit for an R1T.

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, RAM EcoDiesel, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Just saw the article, I've been a little slack on this forum. Managed to see the Rivian at Fully Charged Austin in Feb'20. Our order was placed 9/28/19.
Sponsored