Zak
Reaction score
First Name
Zak
Vehicles
2018 XC60 T8, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS
Occupation
Student
I put in my preorder for the R1S on December 13, 2018! So hopefully I’m pretty far up the list haha

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagon; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2009 Toyota Prius
Except for the huge stock market meltdown and how that affects preorders and the likelihood of carrying through on preorders. Rivian vehicles are expensive and with a drastic drop in markets, preorders should slow down and some folks won't carry through on preorders. Presumably this also affects the timing and scale of Rivian's production plans. A giant monkey wrench in the works.

Rocko

First Name
Gene
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
In the midst of LockDown, I'm still pumped for my Rivian. Pre-ordered my R1T Oct 13, 2019.

First Name
Julie
Reaction score
First Name
Julie
Vehicles
R1S Preorder, 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium PHEV, 2016 Ford F-350 XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Feb 21, 2019 :-D, but from other discussions, it seems what you configure, once the software is released, will set your true space in line. Meaning that they have said the first productions will be the larger batteries, with certain options, etc. So if you choose something else, you could move forward or behind... at least that is how it read to me...

JackA

Reaction score
Website
www.Pluginncw.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - Reservation/Deposit R1S
11/29/2018 - The configuration selected will for sure be the determiner of the actual production sequence number; however, I do suspect that the date of pre-order will determine when you are given access to the "design studio" or what ever the call their actual build and order system. It was like that with our Tesla Model S. We were early reservation holders with $5,000 on deposit but because we did not add air suspension our delivery date fell a few months behind what we could have gotten if we had added that option.

Dustin Bauer

First Name
Dustin
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicles
MB ML 350
12/27/18 for me... I struggled to pull the trigger for a couple weeks. Now I look back and wonder why?! These vehicles are game changers.

p.s. Plans for my new license plate for my R1T is "GMCHNGR".