Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'm guessing they are hinting at have a press event in CA next week.

Probably at or near their Irvine office
Sponsored

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I still think it should be colors, and I hope it is...cat's already out of the bag on the accessories, other than cost for some of them.
Where's this cat located at?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What a boring Thursday. I'm happy that it seems like they're going to open up next week, but what do we nitpick for the next day now?!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
What a boring Thursday. I'm happy that it seems like they're going to open up next week, but what do we nitpick for the next day now?!
May 31st is still May.
Many assumptions persist that "starting in May" (or June for that matter) means on the 1st (or shortly thereafter).

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
May 31st is still May.
Many assumptions persist that "starting in May" (or June for that matter) means on the 1st (or shortly thereafter).
Yeah I'm referring to their post about road tripping from texas to CA, and they would have more to come next week.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Just found an early preview of their message for next week!!

“Been road tripping through SoCal, now on our way to Arizona. More to come next week.”

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I heard about their pass through Arizona (yesterday) too late, and they bypassed Phoenix and used I8 to Yuma, then San Diego. If I had known sooner I could have waited at the EA chargers along that route and might have gotten some charging info.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I heard about their pass through Arizona (yesterday) too late, and they bypassed Phoenix and used I8 to Yuma, then San Diego. If I had known sooner I could have waited at the EA chargers along that route and might have gotten some charging info.
Same. My wife was adamant that I could not go and sit a charger without taking her on the trip.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Just found an early preview of their message for next week!!

“Been road tripping through SoCal, now on our way to Arizona. More to come next week.”
Yesterday the Silver R1T was in Arizona traveling to Yuma, from Austin. They had pictures posted from White Sands in New Mexico the day before. I think it is headed to Irvine.

Maybe they want to spy on the Hummers being tested in Yuma.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Rivians Internal Shop... So close to some Merchandise!!!!
1619714055116.png
Even the poor dog looks to be in disbelief. "Hmmm... We're going on 17 years now since L.A., and I still can't chase or ride in that truck, or chew up one of those cool jackets yet! By the way, this coffee really sucks! I will get my revenge! Just one more Dog Year to go!"

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
In the absence of any news drops from Rivian this week, I thought folks might like to see how Lucid is crushing it with a new video on Youtube on a weekly basis now for the past few weeks. They've got factory tours, feature deep dives, employee profiles - it's all really good stuff, and Rivian should watch and learn:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxBheRQeJNTBYAsPAHhaBhA

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
In the absence of any news drops from Rivian this week, I thought folks might like to see how Lucid is crushing it with a new video on Youtube on a weekly basis now for the past few weeks. They've got factory tours, feature deep dives, employee profiles - it's all really good stuff, and Rivian should watch and learn:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxBheRQeJNTBYAsPAHhaBhA
Yeah watched that video from Lucid yesterday of there pretty operational production line and robotics actually making cars from start to finish. WOULD LOVE to see Rivian give us a start to finish production video - the last pictures of the factory we have seen were pretty empty looking still - didn't see levels of robots and lines all ready to go, just a lot of open space and a few cars spaced around it.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Lucid marketing/comms are really good, and provide a lot of faith that the company is nearing real production, despite launching after the Rivian is supposed to.

Rivian marketing/comms make me wonder if they have anyone working in that department at all. Certainly not reassuring, and the lack of detail makes me wonder what the real status is.
Head of their marketing/communications did catch covid 1.5 weeks ago. Seems to be doing better now.
Sponsored