Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is this an assumption or do we know it to be true? Since the vehicles will be delivered with near zero miles I'm assuming you could turn it away without signing paperwork. If the registration paperwork is never completed I don't see why the car couldn't be sold as new to someone else. Laws for this may very in different jurisdictions. I just don't know if it's fact you have to complete payment and register the vehicle sight unseen.
This is why factory pick up is my first choice to take delivery.
We don't know for sure, but in my mind it makes sense that they're not going to ship a car to you until you've signed as much paperwork as they can legally ask you to sign. You'll have the return period -- and I'm sure Rivian will be quite cordial if you ask to make use of that return policy; but Rivian hopes people don't return, and making sure you've paid the full vehicle price, or signed their finance agreement, gives them some assurance you're probably a serious buyer.

I'd expect any vehicle returned under the return policy will probably enter their fleet. Rivian needs press vehicles, test drive vehicles, and a loaner fleet. Put the returns into fleet service, and rotate them out after a couple years and offer a CPO/used purchase program. That's what I'd do.
Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks for sharing this.

By the way I did follow up with CS about the 60/40 seat. I asked why it was not listed as 40/20/40 as we saw in the guide video. Here is the response

This is a good call-out. You’re correct that the middle seat in the 2nd row does indeed fold down on its own, but the entire row is still considered to have 60/40 split folding. Because the middle section is, in fact, part of the larger, “60” portion of the row,

i guess from their perspective because that section that the middle piece connects to will not fold down by itself it is still a 60% section.
Yeah, I think this is industry standard. Ford Expedition has the middle 20% section that slides WAY forward for rear-facing car seats and easy reaching around from the front passenger seat. They call this a 40/20/40, but I would bet the middle seat doesn’t slide separately, so it’s a 60/40, even though it can fold independently.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

My guess last week was updated configurator and accessories so I'll stick with it again.

I still don't see them opening up on actual detailed vehicle info until right before the first deliveries.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I did see the tent options in the code, pewter colored and rivian yellow. Could be that this coming week.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I still think it should be colors, and I hope it is...cat's already out of the bag on the accessories, other than cost for some of them.

Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I did see the tent options in the code, pewter colored and rivian yellow. Could be that this coming week.
I found another nugget -- merchandise store:
"Explore the Rivian Shop."
"Made from premium quality and durable materials, choose from apparel and gear designed to keep you adventurous on everyday expeditions and long weekends."

URL (not live yet): https://shop.rivian.com

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I found another nugget -- merchandise store:
"Explore the Rivian Shop."
"Made from premium quality and durable materials, choose from apparel and gear designed to keep you adventurous on everyday expeditions and long weekends."

URL (not live yet): https://shop.rivian.com
More solid work, thanks @bowhunter ! Glad we have both you & @kanundrum keeping an "eye" on things!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Also, they are good partners by hosting with AWS but they use Microsoft for O365 and Azure AD for logins.
AFAIK, Amazon doesn't really offer alternatives to O365, and O365 requires Azure AD. I assume Rivian uses Windows on tons of their PCs, so they would almost certainly run their own AD, anyway (Hybrid, since they also use O365).

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

AFAIK, Amazon doesn't really offer alternatives to O365, and O365 requires Azure AD. I assume Rivian uses Windows on tons of their PCs, so they would almost certainly run their own AD, anyway (Hybrid, since they also use O365).
Amazon does have WorkMail, WorkDocs, and Chime as alternative services to O365 or Google Workspace.

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
At this appoint of approaching May - we need some tangible updates being:
1) True range estimates, official, and variations based on wheel size.
2) Much more info on features, pictures of the interior/exterior details, etc.
3) Much more detailed information on the UI (both screens) and functionality and expected available features at launch or fast followers in progress.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Amazon does have WorkMail, WorkDocs, and Chime as alternative services to O365 or Google Workspace.
There's some overlap there. But I don't really see those as Office replacements.

I've worked for a couple companies that tried to reduce the number of Office licenses they had to buy by asking employees to try OpenOffice/LibreOffice/GoogleDocs/etc. It didn't last very long. For basic stuff it's fine, but it's hard to ignore decades of experience people have with the more advanced features in products like Excel. Also, if you have to exchange documents with other companies then the world runs on Office and unless you play along then your documents are going to be mis-formatted when customers/vendors/partners open them.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've worked for a couple companies that tried to reduce the number of Office licenses they had to buy by asking employees to try OpenOffice/LibreOffice/GoogleDocs/etc. It didn't last very long.
That has changed with Google in recent years. GSuite is a full-fledged competitor to Office365. So much so that Word has an in-browser version now.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Didn't mean to start an O365 debate lol. Just mentioned it as Rivian is using AAD for SSO to their various portals. Their internal site is SharePoint like everybody else and they're using existing users for their internal apps.

Was just making light of their relationship with Amazon.
Sponsored