First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That people don't think that timeline, and that RJ would post it is extreme hyperbole is probably the best example of how over dramatic this forum is right now. That timeline is less realistic than RJ saying they're out of $ and folding up shop.

Last edited:

NoDakEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'85 Monte Carlo SS, '20 I-Pace, '15 F-150,
Clubs

Funny as hell! text is a tough medium for humor. I'm #10256 and am figuring I'll see some sign of delivery next April.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Sure wish Rivian would disclose the number of Launch Editions they allocated for both R1T & R1S.

MichaelW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XFR, Ford Mustang GT, Mazda Miata, Smart ForTwo
April Fools Day quality there. Well played

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
LOL... we all share the same level of frustrations. Let's be practical, June delivery is not happening at this time based on level of information shared.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
The problem with this type of post is that they tend to get a life of their own and get picked up and repeated - eventually becoming "news".

This post actually meets the legal definition for libel.

I realize the intent was humor, but some people would not recognize it as such.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
That people don't think that timeline, and that RJ would post it is extreme hyperbole is probably the best example of how over dramatic this forum is right now. That timeline is less realistic than RJ saying they're out of $ and folding up shop.
I agree that it's gotten a bit crazy.

But the blame falls on Rivian for this. They know very well that people are excited for deliveries to begin and are literally begging for sharing of critical information, yet they remain largely silent. they're the ones that are creating this frenzy.

Rivian is truly the worst customer engagement and marketing/comms of any company I've ever tried to do business with. I remain hopeful it's just this one piece of the company that is terrible, and it's not an indicator of what we can expect from the company as a whole.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I agree that it's gotten a bit crazy.

But the blame falls on Rivian for this. They know very well that people are excited for deliveries to begin and are literally begging for sharing of critical information, yet they remain largely silent. they're the ones that are creating this frenzy.

Rivian is truly the worst customer engagement and marketing/comms of any company I've ever tried to do business with. I remain hopeful it's just this one piece of the company that is terrible, and it's not an indicator of what we can expect from the company as a whole.
It's mixed. Communication of "very soon" and "guides in touch in May" is vague enough that it's obviously created a lot of frustration (trust me, I would like more info too, and I won't get a truck till sometime between 2022 and 2024).

However - when deadpan hyperbole that's dead obvious is taken as a possibility, maybe we should all take a step back and breath a bit. I think overall people have been doing fairly well at least maintaining a sense of humor, but let's not lose all perspective of reality.

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
Totally agree with Cohall and Peashooter. We are talking about a business reportedly valued at ~$28B. This isn't a "forum participant attitude" issue, this is a serious customer relations issue. Rivian deserves all the vacuum-filliing parody it gets at this point. Note that there is no concern being voiced among automotive journalists (just click-bait regurgitation of Rivian PR dribble). Which either means: (i) no one outside of primary investors care, or (ii) primary investors are carefully managing damage-control (Bezos WaPo Team have any media connections?), or (iii) both.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Sounds like you've used that one before.
If the bar is on the ground, it's easier to clear it. On the other hand, it's easier to be on the ground if you trip coming out of a bar. ??
Sponsored