First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T adventure package
Occupation
Engineering Manager
hello there, i got my R1T in Jan, and after coming back from a service appointment in Sept I noticed a subtle change. Sometimes when the truck is parked in the garage, and I approach it, it makes a deep bell sound, like a da-dong..

• It seems to do it mostly when I don't have my phone or key FOB with me.
  • it doesn't do it all the time, but when it does do it, it continues until the next time I drive it.
  • It continues to do it about once every minute if I remain next to it.
  • The truck is locked in a climate controlled garage, not charging, with gear guard off, and the phone app says it is sleeping.
  • and the worst part, it uses a lot more power sitting there in the garage than when not "da-donging". I lose about 2% battery a day normally. when it is doing this, it is easily 4-5% a day.

I scoured the manual and there is no mention of this. I called service and they said it doesn't seem normal. They also had no idea why it does this. They asked me to re-boot the vehicle and that didn't help. I have a service appointment way out Jan for them to look at it.

has anyone else encountered this? Any idea why it does this?
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Do you have a camp speaker? Could be the bluetooth pairing sound. Make sure it's powered off.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Camp Speaker connecting with your phone. If you glance into the car before unlocking you will see the Camp Speaker lights on. Try un-pairing the speaker and resetting the speaker to factory defaults.

No one knows why this happens.

OP
OP

kithjin

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T adventure package
Occupation
Engineering Manager
ahh. interesting. That is helpful to look for next time it does it. thanks,

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Shouldn't it power itself off when docked into the truck?
No, there is a glitch that it will turn on while plugged looking for a connection it has stored. My advise, and advise of others, Reset the speaker, or store it until an update comes to fix this. It is lower priority.

Effopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Hmm, I haven't noticed the da-dong, but I have noticed spotify randomly start playing in the background on my phone. I'll look and it will say it's playing on the camp speaker, which is docked in the truck. I'll close out spotify on my phone only to notice it is back opened and running some time later. I'll watch it and see if I need to do a factory reset on the speaker.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
No, there is a glitch that it will turn on while plugged looking for a connection it has stored. My advise, and advise of others, Reset the speaker, or store it until an update comes to fix this. It is lower priority.
Mine started with the da-dong again, with a vengeance, despite efforts to turn it off. I'm going to store it for a while.
Sponsored