Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Does anyone think the AC behavior is not great in the Rivian? Outside of the lowest fan speed, it’s way too loud.
Fan speed is fine for me, and it gets the cabin to a comfortable temperature. But the compressor sure is loud.
Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
This is not my experience. I set to 71-72. It ramps up the AC compressor hard, and the fan is low at first. Once the compressor is at operating speed/pressure, the pump dials it back a bit and the fan kicks in (takes about a min. or so). When the cabin cools, the fan drops in speed pretty significantly, but this does take a good amount of time (~15 min.) depending on the actual cabin temps.
I mean it sounds kinda similar to my experience...it starts slow for like 30 seconds, and then ramps up, and stays ramped up for a long time like 15 minutes. I'm not sure if my tolerance for all the noise or the fan speed is just too low...or if my unit is having issues. I suspect I'll ask service to just take a look. Have an appt in 2 weeks to go over all the delivery issues my car had. But my model 3 and Porsche are very quiet in comparison, the model 3 also has 10 levels of fan speeds, so if a fan speed is too high, you tap 1 or 2 degrees up and the fan speed comes down immediately. I dunno...

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Fan speed is fine for me, and it gets the cabin to a comfortable temperature. But the compressor sure is loud.
My compressor is also very loud when it really gets going on a hot day. Like "is there something wrong with my truck" loud. Like "I can feel the vibration with my foot" loud. I've had several people riding along with me ask me if it is normal. I'm going to ask Rivian service about it next week when they come to deliver my spare.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
My compressor is also very loud when it really gets going on a hot day. Like "is there something wrong with my truck" loud. Like "I can feel the vibration with my foot" loud. I've had several people riding along with me ask me if it is normal. I'm going to ask Rivian service about it next week when they come to deliver my spare.
While I can't speak to 'normal', you are not the only one who has the same experience... I feel it in the accelerator pedal when it is first building up pressure.

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
I would like to have mountain bike trail heads on the maps. Searching in navigation hasn't found either of the places I normally go. These aren't out of the way places. It is common to see 20+ cars at each parking lot.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I would like to have mountain bike trail heads on the maps. Searching in navigation hasn't found either of the places I normally go. These aren't out of the way places. It is common to see 20+ cars at each parking lot.
I see the glyph for bike trails on the map as I drive by several on my daily commute. I'm not sure how to search them, directly; but they are shown on the map and you can drop a pin to get directions.

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

I was really nervous about getting the truck, I am 5’4”. My daughter has the launch edition and I have trouble even getting in at the lowest height. I have the Adventure package. I can easily get in on the lowest level. I can get by with the ‘low’ level, but the ‘standard’ level is a challenge. Would love to see on the app that the car could lower when you approach to enter the truck if it is in your profile.

Would love to be able to connect to my SiriusXM or I Heart Radio accounts on the music app. Why is Spotify and not the others?

Would love to be able to change the fonts on the screen, especially the top tag where the time and temperature are.

Oh, and why only Alexa? What about Google, Bixby, Siri?

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

After about 4000 miles in road trips I have simple needs. When I am navigating to a destination, let me tap on a charger along my route to see its details and potentially switch to it. So often I'll be looking for a meal stop and it's frustrating to have to have to cancel my current route just to look for charger along my route...

Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
High priority (for me at least):
  • More accuracy from the speedometer
FYI, this was intentional by Rivian, and they will be tweaking over time.

From the horse's mouth (VP of Software):

This is currently by design. We apply a safety margin of ~5% in the speed shown on display. We will apply a tighter margin in future OTA updates.

Note that this only impacts the speedo, and does not impact the internal vehicle electronic units, which use the actual vehicle speed.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

As much as a kneel mode may help, still thing handles/running boards should have been added.

Audible app, able to log into siriux xm for wireless streaming (even if no hardware).

Miss being able to set child locks from the screen (and not manual) on the tesla. Would be nice to have a little more fine control on window locks.

from the phone app - being able to start charging from app and not only from the truck.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
KNEEL MODE. They better have this out before the R1S starts being delivered to ladies or we will have a revolt. No pun intended.
Are people not concerned with premature failures if the vehicle is constantly doing full lift/drop cycles?

I've noticed the last OTA did add some "kneel" functionality to the R1T. If I open the front trunk then the R1T automatically drops a couple inches. I don't like it! I wish they'd give me a toggle so I can turn it off.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Put a Fan Speed icon on the main page lower line to easily raise and lower it, much like the Temp icons. Its so frustrating having to hit the little icon to bring up the environment control panel and then struggle... I mean STRUGGLE! to pick those tiny itty-bitty dots that turn it up and down. Talk about having to take your eyes off the road to do something so frequently. Yes there's probably a voice-activated way to do it la-de-da. I'm too old-school to talk to my vehicle. 👴
Sponsored