Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

“Gary, Gary, go away, stay the frak out of my tray!”
Sponsored

ovation919

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango, 2019 Acura TLX aSpec
Occupation
Amateur musician now. Retired
Clubs

I got mine pushed out just a bit ago. I’ve typically been among the last to get them but who knows if that’s still true
Cool keep us posted. Edge of seat.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

does the app pop up a notification on the iphone app when ready?

ovation919

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango, 2019 Acura TLX aSpec
Occupation
Amateur musician now. Retired
Clubs

I wonder why? Maybe folks have a reason. This thread includes many fixes, enhancements and shortcomings. I would like to see Rivian focus on the thing that makes them special. I would like to toss the keys to someone who has never driven one and they feel right at home because it makes sense. Not distracted going on menu dives. Interface design is not easy. Security will likely bite them at some point. So yeah limited resources this should be considered.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

One thing I'd like to make customizable is the menu for the radio and phone calls to be moved. I'd rather it pop up closer to the driver rather than far aside from the driver.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I’ve never gotten a true push notification on my phone for a Rivian OTA update. I have seen it say an update is ready in the app once I am already opening it and checking the version page…. But I’ve had to go looking each time. I’d prefer it would push a notification that shows like text messages or emails in my phone notification drawer.

On that topic, I also wish I could snooze the update message for a period of time. My update became available while I was at work, and when I got in my R1T it pops up a modal with a single button (I think it said “continue“) but I did NOT want to apply an update at work. Multiple reasons for this:
  1. Update takes ~75 minutes and I don’t want to wait at work.
  2. If something goes wrong I don’t want to be stranded.
  3. If something goes wrong, I’ll have a tough time getting a tow — my truck barely fits in the parking garage, as-is (about 3/4’’ height clearance in standard ride height). I don’t know how a tow truck could extract me. Maybe deflate the tires?
  4. Update can disable vehicle locking while in progress, and I dont want to leave truck accessible if I did go back into the office while it does it’s thing.
Dismissing it once isn’t that big of a deal. I do like seeing the update as soon as it’s ready. But I ran some errands on the way home, and the message pops up every time you get in the truck. And there is no way to dismiss the modal. You have to “continue” then exit the subsequent update page.

Ideally, there would be a “snooze” option that would either let me snooze reminders for a period of time OR don’t remind me again until I get home.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I have received phone/app notifications for each OTA when it was ready to run on my truck. It will also have a popup on your main screen in the truck.

jpom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
How about a "proximity mode" for loading the car or camping? So frustrating to have the car constantly locking and unlocking and firing up the AC while loading the car in the garage or elsewhere every time I walk by. My workaround is to unlock it in the app and then shut bluetooth off on the phone. And then I need to have my wife do the same if she's around as well. This is especially distressing when remote camping and trying to conserve energy. I know you can do this for home, but I feel more options are needed here.

Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Let us hook up an aux light bar to the trailer 7-pin wiring with a choice. If we choose NO Trailer Mode, we would still have the sensors that are now defeated essentially like still being in All Purpose Mode.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Saw a post somewhere that had heard that Sirius Xm is coming to the Rivian -- guessing software internet streaming support (as far as I know no sat receiver is there). Would still be a big win for me.

Still awaiting current update.
I would be good with that as well. Can use bluetooth from my phone but would be nice to have it integrated like Spotify.

Something else I would like to see added is not disabling Driver+ with a lane change. Travel Assist on my wife's ID.4 is so much nicer in that it disables lane keep while the turn signal is on, but when you are established in another lane and the signal is off, it picks back up without further intervention.

Also Driver+ seems to slow down around corners for me, even below the speed limit on fairly gentle turns, and not in a smooth manner, very jerky.

tcunning

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
- Allow adjustable default max changing amps
- Improved maps charging station information
- Auto seat adjustments when exiting/entering vehicle

jpom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Here's a new one discovered today: Remove the auto shutoff of Car Wash Mode so you don't get locked out of the truck while it's still in the car wash tunnel.

This was the result of a second trip through the tunnel due to inadequate cleaning of my filthy R1T. This car wash is one where you give your keys (prox card in this case) to the attendant and they send it through unmanned.

Side note: Props to Rivian Roadside Assistance Team for remote unlock within 60 seconds. They are probably using a recording of my hysterical call as a hilarious training tool.

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
I'd love to be able to open or close the tonneau cover while in drive and not have to stop. At least at something maybe sub 45 mph. Lots of on and off of dirt roads, where it's open on dirt but closed on pavement.
Sponsored