Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I believe they roll it out in blocs over the course of a week or two
I got mine pushed out just a bit ago. I’ve typically been among the last to get them but who knows if that’s still true
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I got mine pushed out just a bit ago. I’ve typically been among the last to get them but who knows if that’s still true
Same for me. Was among the last to get the last update, but my truck alerted me to the most recent update this afternoon. Installing now.

ovation919

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango, 2019 Acura TLX aSpec
Occupation
Amateur musician now. Retired
Clubs

Yea let’s not continue with turning every thread into a never ending discussion on car play. Don’t be that guy.
You shouldn't provoke people. We are all here for the same reason. I have not abused this forum on this subject. It is important to me and others.

ovation919

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango, 2019 Acura TLX aSpec
Occupation
Amateur musician now. Retired
Clubs

You shouldn't provoke people. We are all here for the same reason. I have not abused this forum on this subject. It is important to me and others.
And then go to the teacher about the reaction.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Anyone know if you can still get the updates if you’ve got a service light on? I’ve got a “service suspension soon” so I’m wondering whether they’ll allow an update if your truck is ill.

Sponsored

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

Same for me. Was among the last to get the last update, but my truck alerted me to the most recent update this afternoon. Installing now.
I shall wait my turn. It'll come eventually.

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Things I’d love to see:
  • Always default to primary key seat position (or seat position furthest from pedals would work, too)
  • Waze data in maps (construction, police, hazards, etc)
  • Integrate Alexa in a meaningful way
  • Apple or Amazon music apps
Note: 75% of this list could be resolved with CarPlay. Don’t care as much if they add it, but if they think they can do better… they should do that.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Things I’d love to see:
  • Always default to primary key seat position (or position furthest from pedals would work, too)
  • Waze data in maps (construction, police, hazards, etc)
  • Integrate Alexa in a meaningful way
  • Apple or Amazon music apps
Note: 75% of this list could be resolved with CarPlay. Don’t care as much if they add it, but if they think they can do better… they should do that.
...actually, another I'd like to see is setting a maximum internal temperature if the battery is above a certain percentage. The app has reported 130-140 degrees on hot days... and I live in WA state!

(for those keeping score, that reduces CarPlay effectiveness to 60%)

Sponsored

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't have a truck yet but I'd like to see:
* Automatic height adjustment by location feature to either raise or lower to a certain height based on location, and
* Cameras autodetect low-clearance situations and emit a warning sound. Bonus points if it can autodetect having a roof rack on and let you indicate how high roof cargo is, say, bikes.
I don't think they have any cameras that would detect that....

On the plus side, it's not exactly what you're asking for... but there is a brand new 'automatic' height setting for both Conserve and All Purpose modes. In my (limited) experience, it errs on the side of high (eg: normal height on smooth pavement at 60+mph instead of low or lowest).

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I don't think they have any cameras that would detect that....
Camera at the top of the windshield and the one in the rear spoiler should be sufficient. Rivian has said as much -- just working on the algorithm.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
The car play discussion has been discussed as nauseam as far as I’m concerned. Feel as you wish; and harass Rivian all you want on the topic. But discussing it further that it already has been here is pointless. :)

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The car play discussion has been discussed as nauseam as far as I’m concerned. Feel as you wish; and harass Rivian all you want on the topic. But discussing it further that it already has been here is pointless. :)
Personally, I think the way to handle it is to ask Rivian for specific features you miss from CarPlay.

I’m hoping at some point Rivian either invest in the ecosystem to make it rich enough on its own that people don’t severely miss CarPlay… or realize it’s unrealistic to think they can do better or even sort-of catch up.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Saw a post somewhere that had heard that Sirius Xm is coming to the Rivian -- guessing software internet streaming support (as far as I know no sat receiver is there). Would still be a big win for me.

Still awaiting current update.
Sponsored