Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Anyone installed a WeBoost in their Rivian?

I got the Drive Reach but can't find a good solution for installing it.

I'd love to find some sort of stealth ingress into the Gear Tunnel, but haven't had any luck (but also am not adventurous enough to start removing trim pieces). The Gear tunnel seems like the right place for the amplifier and power since it has the 12V outlet in there already.

Right now I'm looking at mounting the external antenna on the front driver's side roof in front of the glass portion. I can hide the cable in some of the seams. But, this is problematic because the antenna cable is WAY too short to reach the amplifier in the gear tunnel - it barely reaches under the driver seat (which is moot because there isn't enough room to put the amplifier under the seat anyway).

In any case, if anyone has done this or has thoughts from other projects, let me know.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Have you used a booster before? I had one in my van, they do help but I’d be surprised if you got any benefit over the antennae for the trucks built in hot spot.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I am going to attempt to install my weboost (rear passenger side near back of truck)this week after I get ceramic don't on the truck. since the roof is not steel, I attached a small piece of xpel on the part of the roof I will attach the exterior antenna with double sided tape and the side of the truck that the wire will be in contact . with. I plan on putting the amplifier in the gear tunnel and will route the wires through the center armrest and tuck the exterior wire in the back window and headliner gap. The inside antenna will try to follow the back window and rear door gap to the carpet finally to the center armrest. Hope to complete the install next weekend.

Rivian R1T R1S WeBoost Install Recommendations? tempImagehcys4F

Rivian R1T R1S WeBoost Install Recommendations? tempImagevLZBlM

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
The one I have in my truck I just smacked the magnetic thing on the roof when I want to use it through the door. I generally don't have a use for it unless I'm leaving the city so that only happens less than once a month. It's also helpful to be able to turn it off because you don't really want to use it unless you need it to communicate.

OP
OP
mgc0216

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

The one I have in my truck I just smacked the magnetic thing on the roof when I want to use it through the door. I generally don't have a use for it unless I'm leaving the city so that only happens less than once a month. It's also helpful to be able to turn it off because you don't really want to use it unless you need it to communicate.
I actually had this thought as well. keep it stowed and bust it out when needed

Sponsored

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory
Anyone have any updates on your installs?

the small PPF strip where you stick the magnetic antenna is a noice touch.

OP
OP
mgc0216

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Anyone have any updates on your installs?

the small PPF strip where you stick the magnetic antenna is a noice touch.
I returned mine. Heard from others that based on the Rivian already having an external cell antenna the benefit works be minimal. But, I never tested that hypothesis.

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory
Interesting, well I guess I'll have to test that next time I'm out on the trail too!

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I actually had this thought as well. keep it stowed and bust it out when needed
Yeah I just run it through the back door. Only have it put on long trips so it’s what eves for a weekend.

Rivian R1T R1S WeBoost Install Recommendations? 64E6FADE-4AE1-4655-BAFB-144261F6BC8F