We need more "Home" locations!

teartags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T A/T
Just standing at my desk here at work looking out the window and watching my door handles and mirrors fold and unfold constantly, like I do everyday....
Shutting off proximity locking should have at least 3 "home" locations!
Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I agree.

My R1T simply has too much range with the keyfob so it throws a bunch of "vehicle is unlocked" issues.

At my "home" I simply have it set to lock only which 99 times out of 100 works fine.

At my non-home home I have to put the fob into a tin box, and this works well. Aside it unlocking on the way downstairs and locking while I put my shoes on. haha.

I'm going to attempt to create a partial RF blocked. I simply want the amount of power cut down so I have to be within 10ft or so. I can be 50ft away and it still won't lock. At 100ft or so it does, but that's quite a ways away.

What's funny is If I walk behind the vehicle then it locks almost instantly.

Something is really wonky with its implementation. It's a 6XXX series VIN so hopefully they've improved it for newer VINs.

The other issue with not having multiple "homes "is when I charge it will tell me to move my vehicle when I get a chance to free up a charger. But, its at my house.

Neither Rivian or the Post Office will acknowledge my second home.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
While we are at it... can we get user defined modes? I would like a one-button Bob Mode with Outlets on, AC, lights, and auto-lock / walk-away lock off, Radio on.

Sponsored

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Range Rover, Infinti
I complained about the multi location home setting to the Service agent again and he metinioned that it they continue to get requests to add the feature. For whatever that's worth, "it should be on a future update". I will hurry up and wait.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Just standing at my desk here at work looking out the window and watching my door handles and mirrors fold and unfold constantly, like I do everyday....
Shutting off proximity locking should have at least 3 "home" locations!
Oh look at the fancy owner with multiple homes....

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many toys
Great post as have similar issues. Not sure this is a 'decent' workaround but I leave the keyfob in the car console. Our phones are the only keys we use. Wristband and cards are in a junk drawer somewhere.

At home, the car is unlocked all the time so no issues. At home #2, it locks as cant set another home location. Any time I step outside for a run or head to the barn, it does the lock/unlock routine a few times per day. This has improved over the past software updates but still not perfect. If it locks/unlocks several times a day when I don't need it to, I usually have to unlock my phone to get the doors to open when I want to leave. Usually when my hands are full and phone is not handy.

Note, both properties are rural so not worried about the car being locked.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
no, @citizen is correct -- if you force quit the app, it no longer works for PAAK. that's why you get a notification reminding you to relaunch the app.
Yes, if you 'force quit' the app on Android by going into the app settings page. But if you close it by swiping up or using 'close all', it still runs in the background.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I only have one home, so I haven't tried this, but until Rivian fixes this could you update the location of "home" each time you switch houses?

This would clearly be annoying if you were visiting both homes every day, but if you are swapping homes once a week/month it wouldn't be that bad. Certainly better than having to lock your phone in a metal box.
Sponsored