atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I don't mind the lights either.... would I be fine without the logo imbedded in the lights? Sure. But it's not something I will pay too much attention to.

I do very much like the sequence of the lights when the car is locked/unlocked and hope for some customization options down the road.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I think the puddle lights are just a little too ostentatious. I love subtle design touches (like the sequence lighting, which is awesome) and signature elements like the headlights or light bars, but a bat-signal that projects the Rivian logo onto sidewalks isn't a subtle design touch, it's blunt and showy to the point of being tacky. I'll definitely turn it off.

I wouldn't mind a puddle light in theory but would much prefer something with no logo and a little bit more vignetted so it didn't look like a random spotlight on the ground.

emj5150

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Lexus hybrid
Occupation
Sales
Not sure if this would be possible, but it would be cool if you could change the puddle lights to something else, like maybe your favorite sports team logo.

Sponsored

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Ugh, Rivian has been promoting those puddle lights on Instagram today. It's my most disliked thing about the R1T right now. I really hope we can turn those off. It's just tacky

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think eBay has something you can replace them with if you don't like it. I'm indifferent to them so I will leave them as-is.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Ugh, Rivian has been promoting those puddle lights on Instagram today. It's my most disliked thing about the R1T right now. I really hope we can turn those off. It's just tacky
I think they're called courtesy lights and yes, they can be turned off if that's what they are called.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think they're called courtesy lights and yes, they can be turned off if that's what they are called.
They are called puddle lights, I thought I saw they could be switched off as well.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They are called puddle lights, I thought I saw they could be switched off as well.
Right, but in the UI, I only remembered seeing courtesy lighting.
Regardless, yes, you can disable them:

Rivian R1T R1S Video of R1T lights at night - headlights, tail lights, turn signals, interior, frunk, bed, lock/unlock 16470584060618091391131615519150

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
I'll have to see the puddle lights in person. I've appreciated them on the Genesis G70 and Lincoln Navigator. In Tesla world, they must be popular given the aftermarket options. I'm sure there will be options to replace them with a different image (or no image) as the aftermarket for Rivian develops.

cheffie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI Cooper S Conv, VW GTI
Occupation
Chef
me either, i like it.
I have them on another car and honestly I forget that it’s there 90% of the time because I don’t stare at that spot on the ground as I enter/leave the car.

I do think the Rivian puddle light would be better if it were smaller and just the logo lit up (instead of the logo in shadow inside that light circle).

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

In hindsight, the most prophetic post ever on this site.
You can edit posts well after they are posted. Notice that at the bottom of the post it says last edited March 2, 2022.
Sponsored