First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2022 Kawasaki Vulcan Cafe
Occupation
Regulated Systems Business Analyst
Has anyone been able to successfully get Alexa in the R1T to open/run the SiriusXm app? I have the skill linked to my Alexa account and if I use Alexa on my phone or Echo devices it will open and play my SiriusXM app, however when I ask Alexa in the R1T to do it she just says something along the lines of "this device doesn't support SiriusXM". I can play the app through Bluetooth from my phone, but it would be nice to be able to initiate the app with voice control if possible (I guess my backup plan would be to start talking to Siri....)
Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Rivian needs to open it up. I tried the same with Apple Music. No go.

OP
OP
mecrider82

mecrider82

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rivian needs to open it up. I tried the same with Apple Music. No go.
Thanks for the quick response, kind of a bummer especially since the R1T Owners Guide says you can say "Play SiriusXM" with Alexa...but maybe that means they plan to open it up! I did find that if I disable the wake word on R1t Alexa and speak to the Alexa app on my phone it will launch Sirius and play through the Rivian speakers so that's my workaround for now!

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I asked on a thread on here months ago and I swear another owner said they got it to work... Really huge bummer if it doesn't considering it's been in the owner's manual for months...

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
mecrider82

mecrider82

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I asked on a thread on here months ago and I swear another owner said they got it to work... Really huge bummer if it doesn't considering it's been in the owner's manual for months...
I could have sworn I saw that as well, but could not turn up anything in a search so I figured I'd throw it out there again!

Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I couldn't either, but Amazon Music and Pandora do work.

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
I just tried it on my R1T after reading it in the manual and got the same “this device doesn’t support Siriusxm”

I have two streaming accounts for Siriusxm, and it plays just fine from a “regular” Alexa. It’s not a killer issue, as I can do it from my phone, but much nicer to ask Alexa.

Caveat, we are an Alexa family, we have 5 in the house used for automation, shopping lists, etc…I LOVE Alexa in the R1T.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I just tried it on my R1T after reading it in the manual and got the same “this device doesn’t support Siriusxm”

I have two streaming accounts for Siriusxm, and it plays just fine from a “regular” Alexa. It’s not a killer issue, as I can do it from my phone, but much nicer to ask Alexa.

Caveat, we are an Alexa family, we have 5 in the house used for automation, shopping lists, etc…I LOVE Alexa in the R1T.
It definitely seems there are things they will be rolling out access to. For example, if you ask Alexa to change their voice, it will switch to a man's voice ("New Voice"), and a popup will appear saying you can also change the wake word. But if you try, it audibly responds with that not being supported. So, same as with XM, in print it says it's supported but in action it is not (yet?).

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Im also all in on Alexa home automation, but rivian's Alexa implementation doesn't do most things, so i find it mostly useless. Would be nice if they opened it up to skills

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Thanks for the quick response, kind of a bummer especially since the R1T Owners Guide says you can say "Play SiriusXM" with Alexa...but maybe that means they plan to open it up! I did find that if I disable the wake word on R1t Alexa and speak to the Alexa app on my phone it will launch Sirius and play through the Rivian speakers so that's my workaround for now!
"What we have here is failure to communicate" (Go watch 'Cool Hand Luke' if you're wondering about the quotation marks). There's Alexa on your phone and Alexa native to the truck with the default going to truck Alexa....so the request doesn't go to your phone, and the truck, as it says, does not do XM. Could be wrong about that, but it's my working theory at this point...

Sponsored

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
Exactly…for other audio services, Alexa plays natively on the R1T. Even tho the Alexa skill is enabled with the streaming login in the Amazon Universe, R1T Alexa does not play nice with SiriusXM, unlike all other Alexa devices on this account…for some reason, Rivian has blocked this…but, the workaround is to stream Sirius XM via your phone and send audio to the R1T

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Does anyone know if by connecting your phone to the vehicle, and then running Sirius XM through your phone as an app will work? Just a thought?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Does anyone know if by connecting your phone to the vehicle, and then running Sirius XM through your phone as an app will work? Just a thought?
And steam via Bluetooth, yes. You should be able to stream any Bluetooth audio source.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

And steam via Bluetooth, yes. You should be able to stream any Bluetooth audio source.
Thought so. I know lots of people want other options, but its an alternative.
Sponsored