OP

Ckorn

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s, mach-e
Updated to .46 overnight and have driven for a few short around town trips; no issues. Curious what situation has impacted your truck...what version were you on before .46?
I was in version 42 before this update.
Sponsored

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
I have driven through the day today. Speedometer and turn signals still work. I can feel the lane centering still active in the steering wheel, but nothing visual.
Is the center display stuck rebooting? Trying to figure out if this is the same that happened with .42.00

OP
OP

Ckorn

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s, mach-e
Is the center display stuck rebooting? Trying to figure out if this is the same that happened with .42.00
It reboots every 10 minutes and crashes after 2 minutes sits on full black screens for 7 minutes, then cycle starts all over again.

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
It reboots every 10 minutes and crashes after 2 minutes sits on full black screens for 7 minutes, then cycle starts all over again.
what OTA did you come from?

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I will have to research 12v reset. Worth a try.
If like Tesla, just disconnect 12v + cable from the battery, wait a minute and reconnect.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Have you driven it since the update? I'm curious to know if the speed is displayed and, also, the turn signal indicator.
Come on…if the screens are dark then no, the speed and signals aren’t displayed…

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Come on…if the screens are dark then no, the speed and signals aren’t displayed…
If you look at the photo posted, there are images at the right-hand side of the driver screen showing the vehicle is in park and also icons along the bottom. So it's not completely clear as to how much of the screen is completely dark.

The vehicle isn't moving in the photo, so I was asking if anything else would show up when the car was in drive.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Certain features of the driver screen a driven by a different module than the one that shows the center stack and the mapping stuff, etc, on the driver display. It's weird but it's one of those regulatory things that those items need to be failsafe.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
When my screens went dark on a similarly dorked 42.1, neither hard/soft/sleep reset worked. The only way to light the screens in that case was to shift into D or R, in those shift modes a reset is also not possible.

This was both DIY and with Rivian CS on the phone. RSC had to do 12V reset in their shop, then reload software.

The obvious here unfortunately is this is three strikes from latest Rivian software updates - 42.0, 42.1, 46.0.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/multiple-errors-update-version-2023-42-1.21454/
In the middle of this issue myself and also in Denver. How quickly were they able to get you into the SC and how long did it have to stay there? I have a separate appointment set for mid Jan but hoping they’ll help get me in quickly.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Sounds like OP still hasn't done a hard reset. Or I've misunderstood. OP: Have you done the reset holding down the hazard button and left thumb left directional button?

OP
OP

Ckorn

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s, mach-e
Sounds like OP still hasn't done a hard reset. Or I've misunderstood. OP: Have you done the reset holding down the hazard button and left thumb left directional button?
Just tried this reboot, also. Unfortunately it results is the same outcome. Only functional for 3 minutes then crashes.
Sponsored