Update: 2023.46.0 infotainment issue: lose infotainment system after 3 minutes

Ckorn

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s, mach-e
Rivian R1T R1S Update: 2023.46.0 infotainment issue: lose infotainment system after 3 minutes IMG_3606

After the update yesterday to 2023.46.0, I loose my infotainment system after 3 minutes. I loose access to all features in the vehicle from radio to driver+. Service ticket put in but appointment isn’t for a month. Not looking forward to dealing with this through the holidays as we have three long trips planned. Might be renting a different vehicle.

Update:
Got a call from Matt at Rivian, right away, today. He let me know they were already trying to diagnose the issue remotely this morning and he had seen the thread posted here, too.
Later today, they called back find that the USB-C drive that records our drives in the center council was causing the system to crash. He asked if it could be mailed in for the tech department to do further R&D on why this was happening.
Huge thank you to Rivian and their quick response to ensure we were back up and running again.
Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

griffinmc22

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

yikes- I was afraid of this so I haven’t pulled the trigger on updating yet.

seems like something is wrong on their software development flow.
Try hard and soft reset for now as well as sleep reset and see if that helps.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
IMG_3606.jpeg

After the update yesterday to 2023.46.0, I loose my infotainment system after 3 minutes. I loose access to all features in the vehicle from radio to driver+. Service ticket put in but appointment isn’t for a month. Not looking forward to dealing with this through the holidays as we have three long trips planned. Might be renting a different vehicle.
Bummer. Rivian needs to provide a rental. This is a safety issue and the vehicle shouldn’t be driven.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That's a bummer. That's why I passed on .42.1 and have not yet taken .46.0. Opal has been operating flawlessly, and I want her to stay that way. There is nothing in either of those updates that she absolutely has to have.

Brian

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Have you driven it since the update? I'm curious to know if the speed is displayed and, also, the turn signal indicator.

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

IMG_3606.jpeg

Search the forum for the three kinds of reset. Good luck.

Last edited:

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Go do a hard reset and it should fix it.

• Full reset
    • Hold the far left button on the steering wheel and the emergency flasher button for about 15 seconds. The entire computer will restart.
    • According to Rivian support DO NOT RESET AGAIN FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR after this procedure. There are multiple systems that may take a bit longer to fully come up after this reset.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Updated to .46 overnight and have driven for a few short around town trips; no issues. Curious what situation has impacted your truck...what version were you on before .46?

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
IMG_3606.jpeg

Have you tried the obvious - doing a hard reset or even a 12v reset?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

IMG_3606.jpeg

Rivian R1T R1S Update: 2023.46.0 infotainment issue: lose infotainment system after 3 minutes IMG_20231209_105952

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Have you tried the obvious - doing a hard reset or even a 12v reset?
When my screens went dark on a similarly dorked 42.1, neither hard/soft/sleep reset worked. The only way to light the screens in that case was to shift into D or R, in those shift modes a reset is also not possible.

This was both DIY and with Rivian CS on the phone. RSC had to do 12V reset in their shop, then reload software.

The obvious here unfortunately is this is three strikes from latest Rivian software updates - 42.0, 42.1, 46.0.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/multiple-errors-update-version-2023-42-1.21454/

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ckorn

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s, mach-e
Have you driven it since the update? I'm curious to know if the speed is displayed and, also, the turn signal indicator.
I have driven through the day today. Speedometer and turn signals still work. I can feel the lane centering still active in the steering wheel, but nothing visual.

OP
OP

Ckorn

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s, mach-e
Go do a hard reset and it should fix it.

• Full reset
    • Hold the far left button on the steering wheel and the emergency flasher button for about 15 seconds. The entire computer will restart.
    • According to Rivian support DO NOT RESET AGAIN FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR after this procedure. There are multiple systems that may take a bit longer to fully come up after this reset.
The reset on the steering wheel buttons
no luck.
only brings the system back online for 2 minutes then it shuts down again.
Sponsored