Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Rivian pushed it to my truck this morning while I was in SF, so it’s starting to get mass distribution.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My R1S feedback, definitely improved for me. I use kneel mode, pulling out of my driveway was super rough before, I would usually change to AP before pilling out, do not need to do that now. Ramps pulling into parking lots are not as harsh in AP/standard. A couple of rougher roads I use feel smother in AP/standard.

I usually use AP/standard/soft/high regen. Other than conserve on highways, I do not have enough time in other drive modes to comment.

Conserve on the highway I can actually use lowest now, before felt like a wagon with no suspension in lowest. I usually use conserve in low, mostly because the wheel geometry seems better for tire wear. Conserve in low now feels pretty comfortable and soaks up the harsh bumps much better without a jolt.

I do not do a lot of spirited driving so my feedback is based on my normal driving on roads and parking lots I use a lot. It is also compared to the 9,750 miles driven over the last 8 months.

Edit: Just wanted to add this is with 22s.

Last edited:

Sidsharma97

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t
Occupation
Hospitality
I definitely feel the difference in my r1t with 21 all road. It just feels smoother a but bouncer which leads it to a more pleasant overal ride. I am pleased with this update!

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Seat ventilation even weaker than previous weak? Feels like it.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

garrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, 86' LandCruiser, '23 Bronco
Occupation
Builder
R1S. AP now feels very similar to rally mode when driving over rough dirt roads. Super smooth. When you go over bumps or ruts, it doesn't continue to resonate and throw you around for several seconds after like it used to. It isn't exactly like rally mode though, in that if you gun it, the frontend doesn't lift up. So it seems to have added a lot of the ride quality without all of the stability (and safety) compromises of rally mode.

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
Just drove my R1T for a couple of hours after installing the update. It was a mix of interstate and city streets - verdict for me is that the ride is improved and I like it. Is it a dramatic change? No, but it is a noticeable positive improveKent. I appreciate Rivian‘s consistent and constant improvements.

Newb26

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW i3
Clubs

I made a little video of all the improvements and changes in this update if anyone is interested, hope it's helpful.

Sponsored

Bradburn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Educator
Clubs

It’s absolutely amazing they can do these updates. Love it! The ride comfort in the S is noticeably more enjoyable.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Only drove 40 miles today, but the ride in the R1S compared to the last 10,000 miles is definitely better. Agree with others that it feels similar to rally mode prior to the update. Will need more miles to really compare but spots where I previously got “seasick” are now much smoother and the hard hitting over little ruts is gone too

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

R1S in AP/Soft:
  • harshness gone
  • rebound damping worse (bouncy)
  • lateral roll-control is gone
  • accel/decel squat is amplified (bad)
So it feels like a '75 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

That said, its nicer in AP/Stiff, maybe a placebo-effect

Ctenophore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just did my first drive with the update and wow, I HATE it. The truck feels super floaty now, wallows side to side like crazy. Initial turn-in feel on the steering wheel is completely dead, too.

Please put it back to how it was. this sucks, like really sucks. There's no noticable benefit, the ride over shitty roads (of which there are many around here) feels pretty much exactly the same.
There definitely is some dampening on bumpy roads that wasn’t there before in all purpose soft for the R1T, which was the intended smoother ride benefit. It rides now how I imagined it would before I received my truck. However, I had gotten used to the stiffer, more responsive ride, and now I am afraid I will miss how it was before. I may end up riding in all purpose stiff after taking a few laps today. It’s comparable to what the ride for all purpose soft was.

zeezz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Holy crap this update is good. R1S on 22"s.

Observations:
  • AP-Soft - now usable, before it just felt too 'boaty' to me. Odd that some say this update is making it boaty-er, but of course this isn't a scientific term. There is much less oscillation
  • Speed bumps- Previously was cringing on every bump in a parking lot since it shook the car so much. My car even made weird loud suspension sounds from the rear. It's gone!! The bumps are sooo much smoother.
  • Diagonal Oscillation - this was reported by a few in the R1s especially - going onto a driveway or similar in a diagonal fashion would make the car sway left and right a bit more than it should. GONE with this update, at least with my limited testing.
  • Sport mode - was using in stiff but somehow it felt more planted?? Honestly placebo at this point but doing some 0-60 sprints felt better than ever.
KUDOS TO THE SOFTWARE TEAM!
Sponsored