First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Man with these quick updates, I will have battery temp by the time I get mine.
Just want to say they may seem fast but they are taken their time with testing and not rushing changes out the door.

When I did my test drive at Agua Dolce in the beginning of December I asked about this feature. They told me they had it in their test builds being validated and it would be in an upcoming OTA.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Just want to say they may seem fast but they are taken their time with testing and not rushing changes out the door.
Taking their time and testing seems like an excessively generous way of phrasing it.

Assuming Rivian isn't lying about the delays being caused by the pandemic and parts shortages, the UI should have been feature complete a year ago. With the extra time they had thanks to delays on the hardware side, there is no excuse for software still missing basic features.

Just imagine if the hardware hadn't been delayed by the pandemic, would there have even been a speedometer at launch?

Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Taking their time and testing seems like an excessively generous way of phrasing it.

Assuming Rivian isn't lying about the delays being caused by the pandemic and parts shortages, the UI should have been feature complete a year ago. With the extra time they had thanks to delays on the hardware side, there is no excuse for software still missing basic features.

Just imagine if the hardware hadn't been delayed by the pandemic, would there have even been a speedometer at launch?
Or maybe they're planning a whole "Trip" screen, full featured with graphs and data layouts for SOC, distance, efficiency, charging, stats, elevation, etc., and it's part of an upcoming major software release and in the meantime they didn't want to toss off a scab trip odometer.

Have faith, Padawan. Rivian Central aren't sitting back with Root Beers and popcorn marking time.

People are hard at work with plans and deadlines to fill the next decade.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

The easy stuff (like trip meter, tire pressure) probably wasn't high up on the priority list. They were probably (and rightly) more concerned about getting rid of lag on the interface. And maybe they wanted to test some of the features out on employee trucks before deploying any updates.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

i think that a lot of these upgrades with be already on the trucks when most of us receive ours.

Brian
Sponsored