Sponsored

There are people with R1Ses without any issues right?

nelw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I’m set to pick up our R1S later today and of course cruising the forums now. I know there’s some bias by reading what’s posted in the forums but I just gotta ask…there’s people out there with vehicles that have no issues right?

It’s not 100% of people with AC noises? It’s not 100% of people with suspension problems? It’s not 100% of people with unaligned steering wheel? How about the drivetrain clicking?
Sponsored

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I don't have the AC issue but I have other issues.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

No issues for me. Only 1 month in but so far only minor annoyances.

Sponsored

GSGun

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, 2019 Prius Prime PHEV
Weird issue with phone as a key and sticking sliding of the 2nd row seat. No other concerns

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

5,000km in and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Issues?
I think it depends on your definition and tolerance for various things as most people on here are suuuper anal about their cars.

I have a slight alignment issue with one door that does not functionally effect anything and is hardly noticeable. It will get adjusted eventually when I take it to the service center so it is a non issue for me but others would probably return it because it's unacceptable somehow. 🤷‍♂️

The AC noise has started for a few minutes when it's very hot out. Not enough to bother me and I expect them to come up with a fix eventually so I'm happy to wait and enjoy my awesome car until then.

That being said I expect to have some things come up. We are early adopters and this is a highly engineered product but they have knocked it out of the park!

redantpile

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 EDGE, 2023 R1S red adventure 20"
Occupation
Retired telephone engineer
Clubs

I have occasion ac issues. That might be fixed with this pending update.
Seat memory has small issues and that also might be fixed with the next update.
I do have low speed tocking/ticking noise. Does not bother me unless it gets worse.
No steering wheel issue, lift gate and gaps look good, suspension seems good to me.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Same with my Jan 2023 R1T.. zero issues from day 1 :D

I was super anxious about issues too, but don't sweat it.. and don't be in a rush... enjoy the delivery experience!

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Nothing major that makes me want to not own it. Minor stuff that I raised service ticket for and currently is in shop getting addressed. Few panel misalignments, 3 interior areas of rattles while driving, speaker rattle, few other small things.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
There are no such thing as perfect vehicle. I'm sure everyone has some minor issues that they are willing to accept and get them to fix it later. My first service appointments have minor issues to be deal with.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Nothing major that makes me want to not own it. Minor stuff that I raised service ticket for and currently is in shop getting addressed. Few panel misalignments, 3 interior areas of rattles while driving, speaker rattle, few other small things.
Did they fix your subwoofer speaker rattles at the dallas center? I'm bring my r1s for this problem for the second time next week.

Neuneleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Expedition Max LTD, 2020 Volvo XC60
I’m set to pick up our R1S later today and of course cruising the forums now. I know there’s some bias by reading what’s posted in the forums but I just gotta ask…there’s people out there with vehicles that have no issues right?

It’s not 100% of people with AC noises? It’s not 100% of people with suspension problems? It’s not 100% of people with unaligned steering wheel? How about the drivetrain clicking?
My very great issue is I have none. I'm afraid if say I have no major issues, I will get jinxed and suddenly have some. Get your car and enjoy it.

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

R1S 12/22 6K Perfecto(knock on wood, ouch, my head hurts!)
Sponsored